Hood Weight

railroad

Not that it matters, since the body style is out of production, but does the hood feel excessively heavy. I would guess the total wt to be close to 40 lbs. I guess the bean counters would not spring for a light wt material. Also was told, while purchasing an oil filter for the 2010 that it was changed from the 2009 model.

Not that it matters, since the body style is out of production, but does the hood feel excessively heavy. .

Are you serious??:finger: I highly doubt the "new" body style is any different. Maybe you could go to a Honda forum and see where the hook up is for the SWEET lightweight carbon fiber hoods is.

Are you serious??:finger: I highly doubt the "new" body style is any different. Maybe you could go to a Honda forum and see where the hook up is for the SWEET lightweight carbon fiber hoods is.

Wish Ford would have used gas struts to keep the hood up instead of the prop up rod, bean counters at work..

There are several kits for the Mustangs, to install a gas cylinder to raise and hold the hood up. There could be some for MKX also. I sure was relieved to find out the weight in my hood keeps me alive. I just meant Ford missed an opportunity to help gas mileage and improve stopping distances. Here is another, missed opportunity. I rented a Dodge Caravan for a 7000 + mile trip to avoid beating up my new MKX. The vehicle was supprisingly good in all areas. Gas mileage was always over 20 mpg, mostly 23 to 25. Front seats, a big deal to me, were comfortable and supportive. I am not that pleased with the Lincolns seats. I think they left the seat cushion out to make room for the power motors. My MKX is definitely more posh, but the window sticker on the Dodge was 26,000. This has to be one of the better deals out there. Too bad, I am a Ford Fan and seldom deviate from the path.