Squeak issue

teecup

People please read prior posts. I and others will not be replying if you can't understand this. It is not the rails and as far as rust is concerned, it will develope, even stainless will develope rust on the surface. If prior posts helped you out please let us know, so we can appreciate the help that undoubtably fixed your problem.

Sorry if I hurt anyones feelings! This is a great set of wheels, ENJOY.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

For anyone that has a squeaky seat: Go for a drive with your seatbealt on, when you notice it start to squeak reach down and hold your seatbelt at the latch, you should be able to make the noise stop. If this is your squeak: reach down with your right hand to follow where the seatbelt latch is hooked to the seat and you will feal the nut that holds the latch to the seat. There will be two white teflon washers on either side of the latch at the nut. Spray silicone lube on the washers by folding the back of the seat all the way down for easy access. Work the seatbelt latch assembly back and forth to get the silcone spread around. Your problem is now solved. This sqeak will develope in the passenger seat as well and might have to be redone over time.

Liftbay, thanks for this tip. I just bought a 2010 limited edge used and noticed this squeak and determined it was coming fromt eh driver seat. I have no issue with takign things in for warranty (since I still have warranty available) but for a three minute minute I see no need in taking countless hours to run back and forth to a dealership to take care of this. I will use this method and hope the issue stops. Placstics rubbing together jsut squeak. It's not really a defect as much as a materials issue. Thanks for the help.

• 2 years later...