Squeak issue

teecup

Hi all,

I am a new member here and own 2010 Edge model. It is 3 months old Edge and experiencing squeaks issue. It comes and goes. It happens when i drive slow and over any type of bumps. We take to the dealership twice and they say they dont hear it. But it is there.

Any suggestion? Thank you in advance.

Tee

We are not sure where it is coming from. I hear it clear inside the car. Most of the time are from left side,driver side.

Well I had a squeak from the drivers side also, dealer said it was the weather strippng on the drivers door and the lubed it. That did not work,

After spending some time I found it, it was in the door latch, Sprayed the latch with wd-40 and it is now nice and qiet.

Good luck

Lenny

We just found out today that the squeaks are from the driver seat. It happens when the car is on the bumpy road and slow drive about 30 miles. I hope it is from there cus when we try to bouce myself on the seat I can tell that the noice are from there. Now i need to bring the car in.

Any suggestion on this?

• 2 weeks later...

We just found out today that the squeaks are from the driver seat. It happens when the car is on the bumpy road and slow drive about 30 miles. I hope it is from there cus when we try to bouce myself on the seat I can tell that the noice are from there. Now i need to bring the car in.

Any suggestion on this?

I have the same issue with my 2010 Edge. The car is about 1.5 months old now. Driving over rough road surface, slower speeds. Did you take it in and if so, was the dealership successful at eliminating the squeak?

• 2 weeks later...

I took my Edge in yesterday and the technician drove it over several rough road sections to determine the source of the squeek. It is believed to be something in the driver's seat rails. A new set of rails has been ordered and just waiting for delivery to the dealership (back ordered on the seat rail stock).

• 2 weeks later...

I took my Edge in yesterday and the technician drove it over several rough road sections to determine the source of the squeek. It is believed to be something in the driver's seat rails. A new set of rails has been ordered and just waiting for delivery to the dealership (back ordered on the seat rail stock).

We just took our 2010 Edge in for a seat squeak today. It's 6 months old. The dealership said they cannot find a problem. I have a friend of mine who works for the company who makes the seat rails for the Edge(Ford) and he tells me Ford has approached them to fix their design because people are complaining about squeaks. I believe that is why there is a backorder on the parts because they are awaiting a fix. I am going to keep taking it back to the dealer until my seat rails are replacerd with new ones. I hope this inside info. helps people out so if you seats squeak take it in and demand a replacement.

We just took our 2010 Edge in for a seat squeak today. It's 6 months old. The dealership said they cannot find a problem. I have a friend of mine who works for the company who makes the seat rails for the Edge(Ford) and he tells me Ford has approached them to fix their design because people are complaining about squeaks. I believe that is why there is a backorder on the parts because they are awaiting a fix. I am going to keep taking it back to the dealer until my seat rails are replacerd with new ones. I hope this inside info. helps people out so if you seats squeak take it in and demand a replacement.

just wondering if the rails are the same for the leather and cloth seats.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I'm a new member as well and I'm finding some comfort in knowing that others are experiencing the same problem...but discouraged to hear that we are not getting our problem fixed. I've had my 2010 Edge for exactly one month before the squeaking noise began, and they replaced the the entire seat, and the seat frame, and it's still not fixing the problem. I asked my dealership if they've had anyone else come in with the same problem, and she told me "Honestly, no. That's why we've had to contact the Ford Hotline". It's now been in the shop for a total of 2.5wks! Like you all, my squeaking noise happened when I was driving 30mph on bumpy/rough roads or just going over speed bumps. It's super annoying. If anyone gets their Edge fixed before I do, please post how they fixed it on here so I can report it to my dealership. I will do the same! Good luck!

Hello All,

I'm a new member as well and I'm finding some comfort in knowing that others are experiencing the same problem...but discouraged to hear that we are not getting our problem fixed. I've had my 2010 Edge for exactly one month before the squeaking noise began, and they replaced the the entire seat, and the seat frame, and it's still not fixing the problem. I asked my dealership if they've had anyone else come in with the same problem, and she told me "Honestly, no. That's why we've had to contact the Ford Hotline". It's now been in the shop for a total of 2.5wks! Like you all, my squeaking noise happened when I was driving 30mph on bumpy/rough roads or just going over speed bumps. It's super annoying. If anyone gets their Edge fixed before I do, please post how they fixed it on here so I can report it to my dealership. I will do the same! Good luck!

Hey lynie1013. Which seat in your Edge is squeaking? Mine is the passangers. As for the repairs they have tried when you say seat fram was it the rails that attach the seat to the vehicle or the main seat itself? The info. I have gathered from my friend is the problems they have been contacted about is a rail problem. Seems like you have a pretty good service person unlike mine who says there is no problem mabey she will try and get the rails replaced and fix the problem. Please let us know how it goes.

I took mine into Yonge-Steeles Ford in Toronto, I told them the problem and they couldn't find it when they took it for a test drive. I'm pretty sure it is comming from the seat belt or seat belt area. I wouldn't doubt that it's the seat rail. I just don't like the thought of my brand new leather seat being ripped apart to fix a squeak. I'm out of the province right now, but when I get back to Toronto I'm gonna tighten every bolt I can find on the seat and see if that fixes it.

Hello All,

ok people this is becoming a big problem !! ford better wake up . next week i'm going back to ford w/copies of everybodys emails & maybe they could figure out this squeek problem !! anybody else w/squeeks problems keep those emails coming !!! keep playing the radio loud helps a little bit !! thanks steve f

My 2010 Ford Edge is experiencing the same problem. It's only 2 months old and the drivers seat is squeaking like a mofo. I wiggle my ass in the seat and I can definitaly hear it. Please provide results from dealership so we know what direction to take. Thanks.

I had the same issue. I could also make it squeak by wiggling. I took it in and had that and some other issues looked at. Tech said he just tightened some things up in the seat and it's fine so far, no more squeak.

Got the truck back from Ford today....PROBLEM FIXED! TSB BABY!! There is a TSB that was just issued 08/25 for this issue. It effects all 2010 Ford Edges made from 01/10 to 06/10. All types of seats (cloth, manual, leather, automatic) and the TSB says that they just have to take off a cover, get access to the seat belt bolt, tighten, and lube some parts with Motocraft lube. I drove it back from the dealership and it didn't squeak at all. I did get the service advisor to print me the TSB. I'll post up the TSB tomorrow at work where I have a scanner.