Just traded in our 2008 AWD Edge Limited

freekyFX4

Like the title says, my wife just traded in her Creme Brule with Camel interior 2008 AWD Edge Limited for a Platinum White with Medium Stone interior 2010 AWD Edge Limited. The 2010 has every option, including navigation and 20" wheels. It also came with a $290 option called Cargo Protection, which consists of a rubber liner for the cargo area, a cargo privacy cover, and a black sticker on the rear bumper. Definitely not worth $290, but it was already there. The main reason for trading was the lower (0%) interest rate. The MSRP was $42k. They gave us $25k for the 2008 with 36,000 miles. We owed $19k on it, so with x-plan plus a $1500 mailer rebate plus the $7k for the trade, she ended up financing about $32k at 0%. Her payment actually went down almost $100 a month, but she went from 32 payments remaining to 60 payments. I love the color. This one feels like it sits up a little higher than the 2008. I joined this site when she bought the 2008. Now I am back to see if anything has changed. Does anyone make a tuner that works with these cars and how much power does it add? Also, who makes a decent exhaust? I am really hoping she lets me trick this car out. If not, maybe it will be mine in a few years.

Will be very interested to see your comments on the 2010 after a couple of months. I made an almost identical change and have the following observations: 1) mileage, based on the computer, is better, 2) Sync works much better, 3) cargo tie down points are useful 4) blind spot mirrors are good 5) cabin road noise has increased 6) wind noise on front windows is has increased

Yeah, the 2008 was quieter. I like the mirror-in-mirror, and Sync definitely works better, but I thought that was due to having the nav on this one. I just wish they had not installed the front license plate holder. My 2008 had it in the trunk, but it was never installed. The 2010 has it installed, so there are holes in the bumper if I remove it.

• 2 weeks later...

Little late to the party here.

Back in Feb we traded our '08 Limited for the '10 Limited.

I find the brakes better on the '10.

I disagree about the noise I think the '10 is quieter.

We do get better MPG also but that was advertised also.

Our payments went down $80/mo but we went to 60mo at 0% from 48mo at 3.9%

They gave us $21k for the '08 and we only owed $11.5k so 10k was a nice dwn pmt.