09' Cruise control issue

smeier316

I have a 2009 AWD Edge. I absolutely love it and how it drives. I have had a few issues with the cruise control, that are not consistent. While driving with the cruise on it starts to "buck". Its like it is jerking. Then it clunks and the wrench "powertrain" light comes on. After the light is on it doesn't drive normal. It slows down more quickly when you let off the gas, shifts harder too. It does this sporadically. I do mostly in town driving so I don't have to use the cruise much, but I would say it happens at least twice a month. Also, after I shut it off , the light disappears and it runs fine. I have had a couple of times where it hesitates and clunks into gear when accelerating from a stop sign. I have brought it back to the dealership and they cannot find anything wrong. Can anyone help?? I am getting fed up with this. I really love the vehicle, but I payed a lot and I feel it should run properly!

Probably not what you want to hear but, the dealer has to catch it in the act unless Ford has some history. I have a 2008 that had an engine stutter for months that wouldn't repeat with the dealer. Each time I brought it in for routine service, I mentioned the problem still existed. Finally got lucky and their diagnostic toy captured the problem. Fixed it and I've never had another issue. Stay with it and keep reminding the dealer. Good luck.

Probably not what you want to hear but, the dealer has to catch it in the act unless Ford has some history. I have a 2008 that had an engine stutter for months that wouldn't repeat with the dealer. Each time I brought it in for routine service, I mentioned the problem still existed. Finally got lucky and their diagnostic toy captured the problem. Fixed it and I've never had another issue. Stay with it and keep reminding the dealer. Good luck.

What did the dealer say the problem was?