Blacked Out Tail Lights

I'm sure it has been done 100 times, but as soon as I pulled into the driveway I has to tint my tail lights. I do not like the look of chrome tail lights on my car at all. Just my preference. SO here it is. Looks way darker in pictures than it does in person.

med_gallery_8737_253_1026315.jpg

med_gallery_8737_253_2016819.jpg

What did you use to black them out, I want to do the same

So you don't want people to see you at night from behind? Not very safe IMO.

+1

Just something the cops can use as an excuse to pull you over.

IMO it cheapens the look of the car. You should have stayed OEM and gone with the Sport tails.

At least they're DOT approved and would give you the look you are trying to achieve.

Edited by MOFSTEEL

+1

IMO it cheapens the look of the car. You should have stayed OEM and gone with the Sport tails.

At least they're DOT approved and would give you the look you are trying to achieve.

Thanks for the inputs man I hadnt seen the sport tails. They are nice indeed. I may look into those here soon.

I prefer the sport tails myself but they arent cheap.... Did you use clear as a topcoat? If not it I would recommend it as it will make the finish last much longer.

For all of you that have not used niteshades or see it before, it is not a heavy coat and light will still shine out with minimal disturbance.

• 2 months later...

IMO it cheapens the look of the car.

You're right there MOF. Those are illegal in most states and CAN get you hauled over. Your ride can CAN get impounded til you take them off. Also, if you get rear ended and the other guys insurance company makes an issue of your BLACKED out brake lights, you can be apportioned some of the blame.

"Blacking out" lights that are intended for VISIBILITY..well that's just DUMB

You're right there MOF. Those are illegal in most states and CAN get you hauled over. Your ride can CAN get impounded til you take them off. Also, if you get rear ended and the other guys insurance company makes an issue of your BLACKED out brake lights, you can be apportioned some of the blame.

"Blacking out" lights that are intended for VISIBILITY..well that's just DUMB

Also why is this post in the interior group?