Why in the world would I buy a 2010 and how hard to bargain?

edawg

OK, so this is both a 2010 Edge topic and a "buying experience" topic. I like the 2010 Limited Edge, but I understand depreciation very well and wonder even with the 3000 discount plus other "add on" discounts for financing, AQHA, etc., why the '10 Edge makes sense. Dealers are offering around invoice on initial offers, but haven't gotten serious about the math yet. I'm wondering if should go for true dealer invoice plus a percent or two and then hope my 2008 low miles trade makes the deal.

I doubt the Edge will hold value like the '07 Pilot I bought for the wife for example that's selling OVER what I paid for it 40K miles ago (after $3000 incentives at the time) on multiple Honda dealer and online sites.

All I know is I've been seriously watching the lots and Edge's are moving SLOWLY in the 2 Atlanta area dealers I've checked the last 4 weeks. Interested in what others see as pro's / con's of buying what might prove to be a lame duck before the swanky new 2011's come out next month??

How are the shocks, windows and transmission holding up on your 07?

A friend says his 05 Honda is his LAST, this is his 7th.

I'll update him with your input, he really likes Honda. He's just tired of having to take it in every few months.

If you are looking for a “New” “DEAL” and there are still plenty of 2010 Edges loaded the way you want then I would wait a few weeks, but watch the inventory carefully.

ALL of us will have MUCH older cars in a few weeks; my wife says she doesn’t care.

We usually trade every 3 yrs, but she says she’ll keep this one 2 or 3 more!

ab

ALL of us will have MUCH older cars in a few weeks; my wife says she doesn’t care.

Same here, I was in favor of waiting for the 2011 for the better features, my wife said she didn't care and it was going to be her car, so we went with the $4,000 rebate (which would not as been as high on the 2011) and she's very happy.

Edited by jeff_h

The twenty elevens look like they are going to have some nice technology updates as well as interior upgrading. Dealing for a 2010 should be pretty good with the 2011's coming out very soon. We did the numbers and using the 0% interest rate was the ticket for us as well as having some good down money to apply. I don't usually like to buy the first year of the new technology but I think the 2011 will be okay in that regard. If you can afford to wait and you want that "new stuff" then go for it. I am looking forward to big mileage improvements over the next 5 years. EcoBoost is nice.