Remote Start Troubleshooting

Hey all. I have had my New to me 07 Ford Edge SEL for about 7 months. It came with the "additional single-button" key fob for the remote start. (Kind of a pain to have the huge key with the unlock / lock buttons on it and then also the additional remote fob.) I used it during the winter and in the summer. About 3 days ago, it stopped working. It honks 1 time to indicate it received the "Start" command but then Honks 6 times to indicates something is wrong and it doesn't start. Anyone have a manual or know how to fix whatever it is trying to tell me? Any help would be appreciated.

Hey all. I have had my New to me 07 Ford Edge SEL for about 7 months. It came with the "additional single-button" key fob for the remote start. (Kind of a pain to have the huge key with the unlock / lock buttons on it and then also the additional remote fob.) I used it during the winter and in the summer. About 3 days ago, it stopped working. It honks 1 time to indicate it received the "Start" command but then Honks 6 times to indicates something is wrong and it doesn't start. Anyone have a manual or know how to fix whatever it is trying to tell me? Any help would be appreciated.

2 Chirps BRAKE is being pressed, or the HOOD is open

3 Chirps One of the vehicles DOORS are open

4 Chirps TACH not programmed - see dealer

5 Chirps The KEY is in the ignition

6 Chirps The Remote Start System is in SERVICE/VALET mode

If you need more help go to this site::http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/GfaWeb/techSpecs.do

where it says-Select Type:Owners guide

_Select Description: Electronics

Edited by 07CRUSH

If you need more help go to this site::http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/GfaWeb/techSpecs.do

Ā 

Your response and link saved me. I was searching the web for two days and got nothing but dead ends but now, your response on this forum saved me. Thanks again! Hopefully this response will show up on Google searches to help others as well.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I had a problem with mine that wasn't mentioned here. Mine beeped once and shut off with the anti theft light blinking fast. After some digging I cam across the .PDF document for the remote start system http://documents.codesystems.com/701138.pdf (note you will need to register to view the document, takes less than a minute) To resolve my issue I had to reprogram the remote start for Securilock. To do this you need 2 keys to the vehicle. Sitting in the driver's seat with all the doors closed, insert the first one and turn it to the "on" (not run) position and wait for the indicator lights to turn off. then turn the key to "off" and remove it, quickly insert the other key and turn it to "run" wait for the light to turn off then turn it to off and remove it. Now press the button on the remote to start the car. If you did the steps correctly it should start the engine.

• 5 years later...

my car honks 3 time but the hood and all the doors are shut

• 3 weeks later...