ordered!

2011sport

I ordered my edge SPORT 2011 on Aug 31st 2010. Dealer tells me 6-8weeks (in canada,Quebec) I wonder how accurate that is. Obviously im excited and anxious to get it... Anyone order?

Thanks guys.

Stang.

I think the 6 to 8 weeks seems to be the standard dealer reply. I ordered a 2011 edge limited fwd on Aug 25th and was told the orders are placed to the factory on Thurday (brampton, on dealer) So my order was placed on Aug 26th apparently but no word on any progress/VIN etc yet. I don't expect to hear from them for 3 weeks at the very least. Congrats on u r new purchase, maybe we will get them around the same time.

M.

I think the 6 to 8 weeks seems to be the standard dealer reply. I ordered a 2011 edge limited fwd on Aug 25th and was told the orders are placed to the factory on Thurday (brampton, on dealer) So my order was placed on Aug 26th apparently but no word on any progress/VIN etc yet. I don't expect to hear from them for 3 weeks at the very least. Congrats on u r new purchase, maybe we will get them around the same time.

M.

where you from and what color did you order? i ordered mine silver. WHat kind of rims or mags can we put on there for winter?? I dont feel like buying 22" winter tires!

where you from and what color did you order? i ordered mine silver. WHat kind of rims or mags can we put on there for winter?? I dont feel like buying 22" winter tires!

I'm in Brampton(just outside of Toronto), Ontario less than a hour to the factory where the car will be built. mine will be a limited so i'm getting the 18 inch wheels. and until QC winter tires are not required by law. I will stick with the all seasons. (we don't get crazy snowfall, and even if we do the streets are plowed in 24-48 hours) I would look for a set of 18 inch steel rims with regular tires vs the low profile ones you will get on the sport.

I ordered the new Earth Metallic, hope I will like it my last 2 cars were silver and we wanted a change.

M.

Edited by mv-clear

@MV - I am curious to know what you think of the Earth Metallic - I almost ordered it but couldn't tell enough about the color on my computer and no other cars in that color in the area to see first. I went with Bordeaux Red which I am excited about - Almost all of my previous cars have been shades of blue so I know what you mean about a change.

I went with the limited with 18's also so I didn't have to get different winter tires in Alaska too. My hubby wanted me to get the Sport and just get a second set of wheels and tires for winter.

I ordered my edge SPORT 2011 on Aug 31st 2010. Dealer tells me 6-8weeks (in canada,Quebec) I wonder how accurate that is. Obviously im excited and anxious to get it... Anyone order?

Thanks guys.

Stang.

I just picked my 2011 Candy Edge Sport 9/8/10 (yesterday). Sweet auto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! put 150 miles on OD first day, love it, had 2002 Explorer.

@MV - I am curious to know what you think of the Earth Metallic - I almost ordered it but couldn't tell enough about the color on my computer and no other cars in that color in the area to see first. I went with Bordeaux Red which I am excited about - Almost all of my previous cars have been shades of blue so I know what you mean about a change.

I went with the limited with 18's also so I didn't have to get different winter tires in Alaska too. My hubby wanted me to get the Sport and just get a second set of wheels and tires for winter.

Well me and the Mrs wanted a change from the silver.. We actually went and looked at a MKX in Earth before we ordered the earth in the Edge (figured we wanted to see it in person vs looking at it online in pictures, and no earth edges close to where we were). It look's like a decent colour and since we're ordered it, we're thinking it's a new colour for Ford but other brands seem to have similar colours already available. I think the Chevloret has something called mocha which is close to what we saw on the MKX.

My test drive was in a Bordeaux Red which is also a very nice colour. The colours we wanted to stay away from were the Silver, Black, and the white which kinda limited our choices.. but I think we will he happy with the earth.

M.

I just picked my 2011 Candy Edge Sport 9/8/10 (yesterday). Sweet auto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! put 150 miles on OD first day, love it, had 2002 Explorer.

Congrats on your new ride - if you didn't already - there is a thread tracking what people are getting - it is in the 2011 edge forum - and there is just a great support group if you just want virtual pats on the back for getting your car already. Post pic's if you can.

Anxiously waiting in Alaska.... :(

I'm in Brampton(just outside of Toronto), Ontario less than a hour to the factory where the car will be built. mine will be a limited so i'm getting the 18 inch wheels. and until QC winter tires are not required by law. I will stick with the all seasons. (we don't get crazy snowfall, and even if we do the streets are plowed in 24-48 hours) I would look for a set of 18 inch steel rims with regular tires vs the low profile ones you will get on the sport.

I ordered the new Earth Metallic, hope I will like it my last 2 cars were silver and we wanted a change.

YA here in QC we have weird laws man, i starting to think WHY do i live here...?Even if you own a 4x4 still required to put winter tires, if you have weeds on your lawn you cannot use weed and feed anymore! Discusting province i live in.

CANT WAIT TO GET MY EDGE DAMMIT!

View Postmanvin, on 09 September 2010 - 10:14 AM, said:

Congrats on your new ride - if you didn't already - there is a thread tracking what people are getting - it is in the 2011 edge forum - and there is just a great support group if you just want virtual pats on the back for getting your car already. Post pic's if you can.

Sorry folks, I'm an old retied fella. I hope I'm doing this post the right. I must have done something right, ALASKA saw my reply. There's no guild lines on how to work the web site. Alaska ask for pictures, be glad to show if I new how to put them on this web site. If this worked I'll tell and show you our 2011 EDGE.

View Postmanvin, on 09 September 2010 - 10:14 AM, said:

Sorry folks, I'm an old retied fella. I hope I'm doing this post the right. I must have done something right, ALASKA saw my reply. There's no guild lines on how to work the web site. Alaska ask for pictures, be glad to show if I new how to put them on this web site. If this worked I'll tell and show you our 2011 EDGE.

You are doing it Manvin! congrats on the car and the working of the site. There should be something to "choose file" to attach photo's. I am terrible at giving directions on computer stuff. But if you aren't able to get pictures on - just keep us informed on how you like the ride.

My car has made it to the Seattle area over the weekend so it is on its way to getting on the slow boat to Alaska. So excited I can barely stand it.

Ha ha ha Manvin, I just got my White Platinum Sport on the 10th; I too put on quite a few miles the first day...you are right it is "Sweet". I also have a 2002 Explorer and it never gave me any trouble...that's why I kept it so long. I think that Explorer heard me ordering a new car and it went crazy!!! We have now replaced the tranny, all the bearings, the alternator, brake job, and I even had a flat tire and a stone through the windshield!!! Then my brother-in-law who is a very careful driver rear ended someone!!!! It's got 140,000 kms (87,000 miles) My husband is going to drive it this winter and leave his new BMW at home. As for me I could care less; I've got heated seats and a remote starter for the winter! :hyper: