2011 Edge Sport or Limited/SEL

Manny2525

Hey guys I want to buy a 2011 Edge but I'm confused as to which one to get. I went to a local dealer today and saw both the Limited and the Sport. I loved the way the Sport looks because it looks more upright and those 22' wheels do not look as big. I test drove the Sport to see how the ride would be and it was incredible. The ride was pretty smooth considering the size of those wheels. I currently own a 2008 Edge SEL AWD with 18' wheels and the new Sport felt like it was gliding down the road compared to my 2008 Edge, that's how smooth it was. The thing is I have been reading some reviews online which say that the Sport feels heavier, the wheels will be hard to replace, and that it is slower than the SEL. However, I'm a guy that likes the look of his ride rather than speed because in New York, its hard to find clear highways! So my question is should I opt for the Limited or a SEL with smaller wheels or should I get the Sport? Thanks!

Hey guys I want to buy a 2011 Edge but I'm confused as to which one to get. I went to a local dealer today and saw both the Limited and the Sport. I loved the way the Sport looks because it looks more upright and those 22' wheels do not look as big. I test drove the Sport to see how the ride would be and it was incredible. The ride was pretty smooth considering the size of those wheels. I currently own a 2008 Edge SEL AWD with 18' wheels and the new Sport felt like it was gliding down the road compared to my 2008 Edge, that's how smooth it was. The thing is I have been reading some reviews online which say that the Sport feels heavier, the wheels will be hard to replace, and that it is slower than the SEL. However, I'm a guy that likes the look of his ride rather than speed because in New York, its hard to find clear highways! So my question is should I opt for the Limited or a SEL with smaller wheels or should I get the Sport? Thanks!

I really like the Sport. I think it looks cool.

It was a tough decision for me, but I ordered a Limited. With the limited, I could get the HID lights as well as a tow package.

The 22s are sweeet but not very practical for all weather or back road driving. I stuck with the standard 18" wheels thinking that if I wanted bigger shoes, I could always buy them later.

I had pretty much the same thought Wilson - But if you are driving in New York and not worried about any back road or weather or the possibility of towing - I would think harder about the sport. I just don't think the Sport was designed as a sport use car - I think of it as a cool big city car.

Hey do you think the 22' wheels would be good for snow? Because it does snow a lot here in NY.

I was counting on them not being good in serious snow. I went with the limited with 18's so that if I ended up wanting studs I could get them. 22's are limited in options for good snow tires. My hubby wanted me to just committe to spending money on a set up 18 rims and snow tires for winter and go with the sport. He really wants the paddle shifters - I am just finally getting rid of a manual transmission so I wanted nothing to do with shifting even if my choice.

I wouldn't have any idea what type of snow situation you have in NY, but wasn't willing to deal with it in AK.