anti theft indicator problem??

sladeyboy

My wife got home tonight and said a light was coming on in the car. Had a quick look and in the manual it says its the anti theft indicator.

After reading the manual it seems to say that the light flashes when the key is in the off position, which it does.

The light also flashes when the key is not in the ignition and the car is locked.

There doesn't seem to be a problem with anything at all. The only reason i'm asking is because this light has never flashed before. We sent a member of staff out to the car today to get something out of it and I think she has done something to turn this on maybe??

As I said this doesn't seem to be causing a problem I just wondered if thats how its supposed to be and everyone else's Edge does this?

I'm in the UK and I know Ford over here could not and would not help us out here so i'm relying on you guys really!!

We have a 2010 Edge Sport.

Thanks guys

My wife got home tonight and said a light was coming on in the car. Had a quick look and in the manual it says its the anti theft indicator.

After reading the manual it seems to say that the light flashes when the key is in the off position, which it does.

The light also flashes when the key is not in the ignition and the car is locked.

It doesn't matter whether the key is in the ignition or not - the ignition is still OFF so it flashes just like the manual says. It's working normally.

If it wasn't you wouldn't be able to start the vehicle.