Navigation Glitch

Freddie

Hi,

Just got my Edge yesterday and I love it. I've found one little glitch that I'm hoping someone knows the way around it to fix it. I'm in Canada so I've set the measurements to kilometers rather than miles. In doing so the left driver screen shows in liters per 100 kilometers instead of MPG which is how I want it. The right screen shows all navigation turns and instructions in kilometers and meter to the turn. So that is working ok. On the main screen any instructions are shown in kilometers and meters; that is working ok. Now here's where the problem comes. When the distance to turns is announced over the speakers it is saying 0.1 miles to the turn rather than something like 150 meters.

I can't seem to find anywhere to specify the units for the announcing. Is this a glitch in the software?

thanks,

Freddie

Hi,

Just got my Edge yesterday and I love it. I've found one little glitch that I'm hoping someone knows the way around it to fix it. I'm in Canada so I've set the measurements to kilometers rather than miles. In doing so the left driver screen shows in liters per 100 kilometers instead of MPG which is how I want it. The right screen shows all navigation turns and instructions in kilometers and meter to the turn. So that is working ok. On the main screen any instructions are shown in kilometers and meters; that is working ok. Now here's where the problem comes. When the distance to turns is announced over the speakers it is saying 0.1 miles to the turn rather than something like 150 meters.

I can't seem to find anywhere to specify the units for the announcing. Is this a glitch in the software?

thanks,

Freddie

Same here. I have the same issue. Yesterday handup with another issue, my steering wheel controls do not sync with my navigator. There is no response when pressing the OK key. As well as I lost the voice notification for turn by turn. I have an appointment with at the dealer tomorrow. Will keep you posted

Same here. I have the same issue. Yesterday handup with another issue, my steering wheel controls do not sync with my navigator. There is no response when pressing the OK key. As well as I lost the voice notification for turn by turn. I have an appointment with at the dealer tomorrow. Will keep you posted

Someone noted that there was no place to set the NAV voice volume and later found it with voice commands.

Have you tried using the voice command "voice" ?

Nice, wonder how many others have this issue?

Should have done a poll, I'm curious to know if other 2011 owners are no having this issue and why it's in certain vehicles only that this is happening?

Any news from the dealer on a fix yet?

Tony

Hi Tony,

Probably only happening with vehicles setup in Canada as no one in the US would have set up with km. Have not heard anything from the dealer yet. He told me he was going to take one of their 2011's that's on the lot and try out that Nav system. That was yesterday but haven't heard back yet.

Any update? What did the dealer say? Did they have any suggestions?

I got mine in mid September and have the same problem. I had a funny thing happen, though. On day 2 of owning the vehicle, the voice spoke metric, for about 6 hours. Except for that short interlude, all voice distances have been in miles. Very strange, and very annoying.

Hi Tony,

Probably only happening with vehicles setup in Canada as no one in the US would have set up with km. Have not heard anything from the dealer yet. He told me he was going to take one of their 2011's that's on the lot and try out that Nav system. That was yesterday but haven't heard back yet.

I got mine in mid September and have the same problem. I had a funny thing happen, though. On day 2 of owning the vehicle, the voice spoke metric, for about 6 hours. Except for that short interlude, all voice distances have been in miles. Very strange, and very annoying.

Ok I found the problem and have a short term solution.

Just came back from a trip to Toronto. I got the Nav to work properly by going from "Km" to " Miles" and then back to "Km". Then the announcements are in "Km" from then on. If you shut off the car, the announcements go back to "miles". The setting that you use to flip between KM/Miles stays at KM and all the instruments still stay metric but for some reason the announcents default to miles..

What I think has occurred is that a US version of the software was installed that defaults to miles but allows you to switch to km if you travel to Canada. What is needed is a Cdn version that defaults to km and that allows you to switch to miles when you travel to the US.

You probably flipped from Km to miles during your 6 hour trip which allowed it to work, then you shut off the car.

• 9 months later...

Ok I found the problem and have a short term solution.

Just came back from a trip to Toronto. I got the Nav to work properly by going from "Km" to " Miles" and then back to "Km". Then the announcements are in "Km" from then on. If you shut off the car, the announcements go back to "miles". The setting that you use to flip between KM/Miles stays at KM and all the instruments still stay metric but for some reason the announcents default to miles..

What I think has occurred is that a US version of the software was installed that defaults to miles but allows you to switch to km if you travel to Canada. What is needed is a Cdn version that defaults to km and that allows you to switch to miles when you travel to the US.

You probably flipped from Km to miles during your 6 hour trip which allowed it to work, then you shut off the car.

I know this is an older post but just bought an Edge in Canada that has exactly the same problem. Found the same temporary solution. Has anyone found a permanent solution yet?

• 4 weeks later...