Edge came in--now the wait

Well, after only a 32 day wait, my Edge came in, but I can't pick it up until May 16th. Bummer. The lease on my Freestyle runs out on the 16th, so I have to wait until then to pick up the Edge and sign new papers. Must be some kind of dealer rule this time. I was willing to make the last payment and turn in the car early, but they wouldn't go along with it.

I got the Blazing Copper Metallic with Charcoal interior. It's the SEL with 18" chome wheels and no BAMR (I've had sunroofs on my last 10 cars and never opened them or even had the sunshade open). It's rediculous to continue to pay +/- $1,000 (or in this case $2000+) for something I don't use. It came with the roof rails which I did not order and they charged me $95 for those. I'll bet you can't take them off either. Hopefully in 13 days I'll drive off the lot. I almost wished it had taken longer to build!

The dealer is giving you the run around, Ford could care less if you want to make the last payment and drop your old lease off early I just did it again and do it often. I would have a serious talk with the dealer as something sounds fishy to me.

Sounds kinda strange to me as well.

Put some hard questions to the dealer. It has to do with him looking out for me--said why would I want to pay two payments in a month. I assured him that it was OK and I'll pick up the Edge this week.

thanks for all your help.

It came with the roof rails which I did not order and they charged me $95 for those.

Take your bill of sale in with you and show them you didn't order the roof rails. You don't have to pay for them, and if they think they can force you to, tell them you are going to purchase a vehicle from a different dealership and walk away. :censored:

Take your bill of sale in with you and show them you didn't order the roof rails. You don't have to pay for them, and if they think they can force you to, tell them you are going to purchase a vehicle from a different dealership and walk away. :censored:

I picked up the Edge a week ago and you know what? The roof rails aren't bad, and I love the Edge. I started out in 1992 with an Explorer--you know the one. Green and tan two-tone and I thought it was the greatest car in the world. That coming from a sports car freak. I went through several more, 1995, 1998, 200, 2002, and 2004. When I'd had enough Explorers, I decided to go for the Freestyle in 2005. I was never so disappointed in my life. The CVT droned at all speeds, the engine didn't suit the car, and it just looked like an old man's car. I couldn't wait to get rid of it. That's when I ordered the Edge.

I've always been impressed with foreign cars. My iwfe had to have a Camry (and talk about a boring car, but the thing just rides well and absolutely no problems in 5 years). I even bought an Acura TSX which has been bulletproof for some time. I never thought Ford could build a vehicle so good it rivaled the two cars mentioned above. Well, it has.

The Edge simply is a perfect vehicle. It rides nice and quiet, but still handles so well you forget you're in a CUV. The interior, and I got the cheap one--cloth seats, no climate control, no roof. I was on a budget. It's as luxurious as my Acura. It may be heavy, but it runs well and the seitchger is every bit s good as the other cars I own.

I owned 16 Fords from 1972 to 1998. I never hd a real problem, but the other makes just seemed to be on my wavelength. I still own an F-150 with the two rice burners, but this takes the cake. If this is the direction Ford is going, I'm on board. Blazing copper over charcoal. and so far I'm getting over 20 MPG.

I hope this car is a hit for this long-time Ford fan.