Cold Air

Stidog

Hi all, first post. I've read through here a lil bit, but I'll hope this wasnt covered before....

My wife just bought a 2010 Edge Ltd with My Ford Nav. Its a great car, but it needs a lil more oomph I think... it just doesnt go like my car... ;) Anyways... any recommendations on a Cold Air Intake for these cars? Which engines drivetrains are the same year wise...?

I looked at the Steeda of course, and I've heard of, but not found a Ford CAI. Not sure if its just Ford or FRPP. Though I'm not crazy on Ford tunes because they are pretty conservative, so if you want to buy a new tune, nothing talks to the ford tuners... I would prefer to stick with something I can use an SCT on, and buy as a kit (CAI and tuner) or even an NTR CAI. Thanks for the help.

Hi all, first post. I've read through here a lil bit, but I'll hope this wasnt covered before....

My wife just bought a 2010 Edge Ltd with My Ford Nav. Its a great car, but it needs a lil more oomph I think... it just doesnt go like my car... ;) Anyways... any recommendations on a Cold Air Intake for these cars? Which engines drivetrains are the same year wise...?

I looked at the Steeda of course, and I've heard of, but not found a Ford CAI. Not sure if its just Ford or FRPP. Though I'm not crazy on Ford tunes because they are pretty conservative, so if you want to buy a new tune, nothing talks to the ford tuners... I would prefer to stick with something I can use an SCT on, and buy as a kit (CAI and tuner) or even an NTR CAI. Thanks for the help.

Check out my reply on; "Performance Chips and Modules" with Blivitt.

I bought my air intake from Rick Gindoy at www.ProZenMotorsports.com and he has great experience with our Ford Edge plus many other cars, for hand building the cold air intakes for the edge.

It is 3" diameter, by the way, not 4", and I did do the upgrade K&N for $35 extra. I will post pics and the performance difference before and after when I get it next week and install it. The total cost on e-bay from him is; $115 + $35 +20 shipping. You can't beat that! It looks great on the MKZ that he shows on the e-bay sales listing.

If you guys tell me how to upload some pics, I will send them to the Forum on this reply.

Tell Rick that Buzzman sent you to him, just for the heck of it.

Edited by Buzzman

• 1 month later...

When I look at the air intake on my 2009 I can see that the factory has provided me with a TRUE cold air intake.

The air box actually has two intake paths, the main one comes from up front just behind the grill and a secondary intake is at the bottom of the air box near the left front wheel well. If you plug this intake all of the engine air will be provided through the intake behind the grill, thus COLD AIR. stats.gif

• 1 year later...

Check out my reply on; "Performance Chips and Modules" with Blivitt.

I bought my air intake from Rick Gindoy at www.ProZenMotorsports.com and he has great experience with our Ford Edge plus many other cars, for hand building the cold air intakes for the edge.

It is 3" diameter, by the way, not 4", and I did do the upgrade K&N for $35 extra. I will post pics and the performance difference before and after when I get it next week and install it. The total cost on e-bay from him is; $115 + $35 +20 shipping. You can't beat that! It looks great on the MKZ that he shows on the e-bay sales listing.

If you guys tell me how to upload some pics, I will send them to the Forum on this reply.

Tell Rick that Buzzman sent you to him, just for the heck of it.

Looks like their website got hacked; my firewall is blocking their server (botnet; server is a zombie)... any luck with that install? Better MPG or just HP?