2011 My Ford Touch Remote Start - Climate settings

Not sure if this is the right place to post this one as it is both it is really Climate control related, but only if you have a remote starter ;-)

Has any one tested out and succeeded in having the climate control settings for their auto start work correctly? I've been trying everything with all setting at "Auto". The manual doesn't state what temperature the "Auto" enables certain items such as defrost, seats etc. It states something like...when its really cold...or when its really hot? What does that mean?

I got in my car this morning after an remote start. The outside temp was 3C (37.4F) outside, but was colder overnight as there was frost on all of the windows. None of the "Auto" climate settings were enabled. No defrost (front or rear), no heated seats, no fan changes to heat up the interior. Is there a trick to this? Was it not cold enough? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Not sure if this is the right place to post this one as it is both it is really Climate control related, but only if you have a remote starter ;-)

Has any one tested out and succeeded in having the climate control settings for their auto start work correctly? I've been trying everything with all setting at "Auto". The manual doesn't state what temperature the "Auto" enables certain items such as defrost, seats etc. It states something like...when its really cold...or when its really hot? What does that mean?

I got in my car this morning after an remote start. The outside temp was 3C (37.4F) outside, but was colder overnight as there was frost on all of the windows. None of the "Auto" climate settings were enabled. No defrost (front or rear), no heated seats, no fan changes to heat up the interior. Is there a trick to this? Was it not cold enough? Any ideas?

Thanks!

when you say enabled, what do you mean? on the left drivers screen where you can make certain settings, there is a setting for the remote start, drilling down into that there are setting for "enabling" or "on/off" when using the remote start that enable things like the defrost, heated seat, etc. When I found it though mine were all on whatever they call it, either enable or on.

when you say enabled, what do you mean? on the left drivers screen where you can make certain settings, there is a setting for the remote start, drilling down into that there are setting for "enabling" or "on/off" when using the remote start that enable things like the defrost, heated seat, etc. When I found it though mine were all on whatever they call it, either enable or on.

Hi bpattie,

What I meant by "enabled" is that nothing came on. i.e. My heated seats were still off even though I have them set in that menu to "Auto". I believe, the settings are "Auto" and "Last Setting" for most of the climate control features. I haven't tried "last setting", but I'd have to remember to crank everything up just before I turn the car off. I usually only have my heated seat on long enough to warm me up. Otherwise you get swamp :censored:. so they normally won't be on for the last setting.

Hi bpattie,

What I meant by "enabled" is that nothing came on. i.e. My heated seats were still off even though I have them set in that menu to "Auto". I believe, the settings are "Auto" and "Last Setting" for most of the climate control features. I haven't tried "last setting", but I'd have to remember to crank everything up just before I turn the car off. I usually only have my heated seat on long enough to warm me up. Otherwise you get swamp :censored:. so they normally won't be on for the last setting.

you may want to start watching thread in 2011 edge. Some folks have been talking about same thing and someone was going to post some testing results. There is some conjecture that it may not kick in unless it is below a certain outside temp.

• 1 year later...

I know the "cold" out designation is not high enough - it doesn't start really heating up the car unless it is 32 or lower outside. But mine is set to auto and it does work. Even if it is above that - at least the engine is warm when I get up to kick everything on to high. And the seats warming up is not as clear. They don't get as hot as when the car is running, but does make them not cold.

Hope that helps.