Finally!!! My Satin Edge... enjoy :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The film "wrap" is not done around here for one. Secondly, it cost more than what i paid for my paintjob... they run around 5 grand for a complete wrap i believe.

Hey Sabtaj1,.. i check on the side mirrors... it's a no go. Turns out even if they fit, which i'm sure they do, our edges aren't wired for the blinkers and defroster in the mirrors, so it would be a waste of money. O'well.

Ā 

-Cannon

cannon, Looks like you will have to spring for the sport headlamps then. LOL. There is a thread on here I started that has the by far cheapest place to get the headlights and tails for the sports. I am cool with the mirrors, sucks but owell. My downfall with my 07 was the blindspot mirrors not being there. But..... I judt bought the actual mirrors with the blindspots from another member on here. Just waiting for them to arrive. I just have to figure out how to remove just the mirror glass. Today was the first day I drove the edge since redoing the wheels in all satin. So funny how everyone stares and breaks their necks trying to figure out what it is. I am loving it!!!

Help me out here so i don't have to use the search button..... what bulb is our high beam, low beam, and fog lights. I want to do HID's. And where do you suggest i buy the sport headlights from? My little edge turned heads when it was all blacked out as well.... then i did the satin paint job,.. HOLY SHIT, it turns heads like no other vehicle i have ever owned!. And it looks bad ass even when it's dirty :P

Ā 

Ā 

-Cannon

never thought of the 3M film. That would be a hell of a job. Give the ol heat gun a workout. LOL

Yeah, I would have it done, I am sure it isn't an easy install. Locally, it is cheaper than a decent paint job, so I might go that way. The graphic installers prefer the 3M film since it goes on/comes off easier. They just made a carbon fiber film too, I might use that on the mirrors/grill.

Canon's car looks killer, I am motivated to get mine done now......

A wrap in a matte finish would look awsome,.. i wouldn't get a wrap done in a glossy color tho, it would just look cheesy. And NEVER do carbon fiber unless it is real carbon fiber. I LOVE carbon fiber, and have never seen a fake that looks even close to the real thing. Just do the mirrors in matte as well...... just my opinion tho.

Ā 

-Cannon

sport healights. - http://www.partsgeek.com/mmparts/headlight/ford/edge.html

Ā 

High beam - 9011 (You dont want to replace these with HID. Lose the FLASH TO PASS). I used PIAA Extreme whites.

Low beam- H11

Fogs- H11

I am pretty sure on the sizes. For the low beams get the regular ballast and for the fogs go with the slim ballasts. I bought mine from a website and have had them for almost a year now and NO PROBLEMS and the prices are AWESOME!!!!!

Ā 

http://www.wholesalexenonhid.com/

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey IrishTuner, sorry i don't remember the offset,.. i think it was 45 or something like that, lol. Tire size,... ummm,.. need to get off my butt and go look. The wheels are 22's tho.

Ā 

2,4shofast,.. thanks, i just wired the LED's up so that they blink when the turn signals blink,... looks kinda trick :)

Ā 

-CAnnon

Hey IrishTuner, sorry i don't remember the offset,.. i think it was 45 or something like that, lol. Tire size,... ummm,.. need to get off my butt and go look. The wheels are 22's tho.

Ā 

2,4shofast,.. thanks, i just wired the LED's up so that they blink when the turn signals blink,... looks kinda trick :)

Ā 

-CAnnon

Ā 

Ok no problem....I ordered some 22 x 9.5's with a +35mm offset. Just trying to figure out tire size..... Just want to know the series of tire your running.....35? 40?

And how do you find the comfort of the ride?

Ā 

thanks!!

OK ok ok,.. i felt so bad, i ran out in the rain to get the size. 285/35/22 Nitto's. I think they are Nitto Invo's. I like their tread wear, traction and temp. They ride good, and stick nice. And the tread wear rating should make them good for alittle while. :)

Ā 

Cannon

Ā 

Ā 

thanks man!!! highly appriciate it!

• 2 months later...