Finally!!! My Satin Edge... enjoy :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally!!! Thought i'd start a new post so people didn't have to keep scrolling thru the past post to get to the pics. I have much better pics coming, these were taken with my iPhone. Hope you guys like. I LOVE it. It turns heads big time! Even i was amazed at how many people have been checking it out.

-Cannon

Nice! Definitely a one-of-a-kind.

Sport headlamps and tails?!?!!? What do those look like?! Didn't know about that,... great, i see less money in my wallet in the future now. ;)

Look at your headlamps and tails and picture the chrome and think BLACK :doh:

(all the chrome is painted black)

Edited by 07CRUSH

It's gorgeous!! I love the way that kind of black looks.

I wish I could do that to mine, I'm too much of a sucker for anything sparkly and glittery so I couldn't bring myself to get rid of the tuxedo black metallic. I'll stick to admiring yours for now :P

Finally!!! Thought i'd start a new post so people didn't have to keep scrolling thru the past post to get to the pics. I have much better pics coming, these were taken with my iPhone. Hope you guys like. I LOVE it. It turns heads big time! Even i was amazed at how many people have been checking it out.

-Cannon

Awesome!!! Mine is totally murdered too. I just scored a nice set of blk 22's with tires for 300 dollars. Tires are about 80-85% left. They have the polished lip on the right now but the clear was starting to come off so I am stripping them and going all black on them. As for the headlights..... The sports are cool but I opted to use the vynal tint on mine and it looks WAY cool. Plus I have the HID headlights in my low beam and fogs and can still see great at night! I am totally digging the satin paint. Now how well will that hold up? and what did a paint job in satin run ya? if ya dont mind me asking. Not trying to copy you. LOL, Props on a super clean looking edge. Diggin it!!!! PS. Look at my picture gallery, I have a shot of mine with the tinted headlights in there. I will update some pics soon. Wanna trade? LOLkiddin

I had tinted headlights, and my tails are tinted. I put new headlights on my Edge and am staying away from the tint for the fronts,... knocks down my brightness too much at dark. The satin paint job should hold up just as well as any other paint job. I have noticed that when its dirty it still looks good tho... since it's not a shiney car that is dirty, and losing it's shine,.. it's already NOT shiney,.. so alittle dirt doesn't seem to be to noticeable. Long story on the paint job,.. but it was done by a friend who owns a bodyshop as well,.. so i doubt you'd get the kind of deal that i got. But i believe a paint job like mine would run ya around the same as any other paint job. And my Edge does have a clear coat.

-CAnnon

It's like any new paint job,.. your suppose to wait 3 months before ya wax it, but yes, you do wax it. The clear coat is where the satin finish lies. Instead of them using a glossy clear coat, they add flatteners to it, to make it how it looks in my pics. But the paint is fully protected with the clear coat. You would NOT want to buff it with a buffer tho,.. cause that would cause it to be shiney,... and if you used a buffer in just one area, you'd end up with a shiney area on a dull car. Just the opposite of dulling an area on a shiney care.

Where abouts do you live at Sabtaj1?

-Cannon

right on! interested to see how they work out. Did you ever check out the sport headlights??? They would look AMAZEING on your edge. I just opted for the tint for now until I decide to spring for them. Even the sport tails look great too. All the chrome that is in ours headlights and tails are all black in the sport ones. Also, I just refinished my 300$ 22 inch wheels and tires to all satin black. I just uploaded a picture. Not as cool as your satin edge though.

Hey sabtaj1,

Just saw the pic of your edge, looks good! I see you did your grill in gloss black. That looks good cause it matches the rest of the vehicle. Mine is flat black and my wheels are flat black. I'm gonna pass on the sport headlights, since i just put brand new headlights on mine. Plus if i go with the 2011 side mirrors, i'm sure those will cost me a penny. My edge is lowered with H&R springs, and i love it. The ride is alittle firmer, but the little bugger rips thru the twisties! Your edge and my edge would look sick parked next to each other! lol

Looks good brother, keep up the mods! Oh and i just added my LED's back on my front bumper. Moved them to follow the contour of the fog log bezel, and i love it! They used to be mounted in a straight line above the fog light, running horizontal. Check out the pic.

-Cannon

post-4293-039583000 1287983441_thumb.jpg

WOW! The LED's look awesome! I didnt paint my grill, I bought it directly from Ford already painted for like $150. You can also buy them in straight primer too. Thanks for the compliments! I am learning from the master. LOL. Sorry about taking over your thread... I have the H&R springs on mine as well. I love them, feels more like a car. Was a PITA to install, the rears anyways.