Great Fuel Range

urdunn69

Picked up my new 2011 Edge Limited the night before driving from the Toronto area to Chicago with my three kids and full of luggage. Despite only having 30km on the rig, i was really impressed with the fuel consumption!

Yes i babied my baby, but still set the cruise at 120km on the highway in Ontario and about 80MPH in the US. I know it will get better as it breaks in.

What kind of miliage are you folks seeing after you get some KM's on your Edge?

Picked up my new 2011 Edge Limited the night before driving from the Toronto area to Chicago with my three kids and full of luggage. Despite only having 30km on the rig, i was really impressed with the fuel consumption!

Yes i babied my baby, but still set the cruise at 120km on the highway in Ontario and about 80MPH in the US. I know it will get better as it breaks in.

So what sort of milage did you get, I am really close to pulling the trigger and interested in the HWY MPG, as most of my 40 mile commute is on the HWY.

So what sort of milage did you get, I am really close to pulling the trigger and interested in the HWY MPG, as most of my 40 mile commute is on the HWY.

It was the first day in the new car that we left for Chicago...so given that it was new, i consider the 9.8L/100km that was showing on the screen as average quite resonable. That was all highway driving though...but still happy. Curious what 'real world' numbers will look like when i get the car back from the dealer and get a chance to put some normal milage on it.

FWD or All Wheel Drive? I have a 2010 FWD and I get 8.6 to 8.8 at 110K/H

FWD or All Wheel Drive? I have a 2010 FWD and I get 8.6 to 8.8 at 110K/H

AWD. I am sure after I get a few thousand KM on it, I will start to see a true picture. My father and brother both had Ford Edge's as well (both AWD), now Dad is in the Lincoln version - so we have lots to compare! But, mine is the first 2011, and Ford is claiming significant improvements - so i cant wait to see.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just burned through my first tank of gas on my 11 SEL...computer reported 22.1 MPG, but using the miles divided by gallons formula, I got 25.3...not too bad for a vehicle this size! I drive a mix of city/hwy in fact 10 miles of stop and go and 11 miles of interstate daily. The dealer filled it up with QT 87 octane regular, and I just filled with Shell 87 octane regular...will report back next Sunday with results.