My Sync is dead....

51 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had problems with Sync in your 2011 vehicle?

• Yes. If so please post below.
    • No.

have a 2011 edge sport,500 miles.every thing was great till the performing maintanance started.now my phone wont pair.pulled fuse 29 and its working ok(for now).glad i found this forum to see its not just me.Pinkedge, you have every right to be pissed.you have a new car thats not running like a new car. keep up the fight.there have been many stop ships in oakville due to quality issues(not assembly,but parts,wether shortage or bad parts) the lots around the plant are now filling up again and when i asked about it i was told"something to do with the touch screen" Yes i work there in quality control(paint) and we take great pride in building a top notch vehicle.nothing pisses us off more than bad press due to vendor issues.this model launch is huge for us and ford and it sucks thats its gettin screwd up.our hours of production have been cut and that generally means parts or quality issues.lets hope ford motor company fixes this problem and fast..

have a 2011 edge sport,500 miles.every thing was great till the performing maintanance started.now my phone wont pair.pulled fuse 29 and its working ok(for now).glad i found this forum to see its not just me.Pinkedge, you have every right to be pissed.you have a new car thats not running like a new car. keep up the fight.there have been many stop ships in oakville due to quality issues(not assembly,but parts,wether shortage or bad parts) the lots around the plant are now filling up again and when i asked about it i was told"something to do with the touch screen" Yes i work there in quality control(paint) and we take great pride in building a top notch vehicle.nothing pisses us off more than bad press due to vendor issues.this model launch is huge for us and ford and it sucks thats its gettin screwd up.our hours of production have been cut and that generally means parts or quality issues.lets hope ford motor company fixes this problem and fast..

Thank-you. It is nice to have you a Ford employee admit there are defects. The non-believers may be lucky with their Edges for now but their time may be limited?

Let's hope not and hope this is resolved soon for ALL. And, just to note to all others I never said I hated the car "I just want it fixed and what I paid for as advertised".

Would you be comfortable knowing that your car's breaks had a 95% chance of working?

Of course not. That's why Ford manages brake (not break, please) failures to much less than 5%. Ford also spends more money on critical systems like brakes and steering to reduce the failure rate. They spend comparably less on convenience features like MFT.

Would I be comfortable knowing that my car's brakes had a 95% chance of working? No way.

Would I be comfortable knowing that my bluetooth connection had a 95% chance of working? Absolutely.

Of course not. That's why Ford manages brake (not break, please) failures to much less than 5%. Ford also spends more money on critical systems like brakes and steering to reduce the failure rate. They spend comparably less on convenience features like MFT.

Would I be comfortable knowing that my car's brakes had a 95% chance of working? No way.

Would I be comfortable knowing that my bluetooth connection had a 95% chance of working? Absolutely.

I'd be more understanding if BT Audio worked 95% of the time. How about 50%? Every time I get in the Edge, it's a mystery as to what will and won't work. I paid big bucks for a automobile that works 100%. I didn't purchase my Edge thinking stuff would not work.

Do you have issues with your My Ford Touch system?

Every time I get in the Edge, it's a mystery as to what will and won't work. I paid big bucks for a automobile that works 100%. I didn't purchase my Edge thinking stuff would not work.

That sums it up quite nicely for me. :-)

My first house cost less than this car. Granted, that was in 1978, but it was a cute little cape with 2 bedrooms, bathroom, living room, kitchen, finished attic space and a basement.

I love my Edge, but it is just a car and I expect everything to work. I haven't pulled the fuse in a few weeks now, but *every* time I get in the vehicle I am giving conscious thought about what might not work. When the backup image actually appears, or the system actually reponds to my touch input, I give thanks that I don't have to pull the fuse again. It should not be this way with a brand new luxury class (or close enough to luxury) vehicle.

-steve

I really should point out that currently the only issue that I continue to experience is the really slow response time with MFT. The backup camera has worked all week without the rolling picture issue, no reboots/maintenance screen, and the NAV system works fine. Despite the fact that it has all worked this week I am conscious of the fact that it works. When I put it in reverse and the backup camera picture appears with the overlay and doesn't roll or go black, I am happy. And I deal with the slowness by not touching the screen for any reason until a few minutes have passed and then I give it a few moments to respond.

-steve

Correct. It's not the aerospace industry. Many more lives are at stake here. The auto industry serves millions of people who stake their life on the quality of their car.

I would hate to be the driver of a new car who's brakes were almost to spec. I want a car with 0% chance of failures. Why would I expect anything else?

Would you be comfortable knowing that your car's brakes had a 95% chance of working?

Stop exaggerating already. It's an infotainment problem, not a brake issue. It seems to only be affecting a small percentage of vehicles. It sucks for those that have problems and Ford totally screwed up but they seem to be doing everything possible to fix it.

Why not focus on the solution and provide information to others on what works and what doesn't and who's getting updated and when. That might actually be useful information.