Keyless Remote

Jagie

Hi Guys, I have a new 2010 Sports Edge. Last Friday I was adjusting the steering wheel hight,and it seems that it cause something to come loose under the dash. My keyless remote will not work. After checking all the fuses and battery on the remote, I discovered that the remote works when placed under the steering wheel. After playing aroung with the steering wheel height. I was able to increase the range of the remote. It seems like the antennea for the receiver is loose. Now the tire pressure is telling me there is a fault. Any ideas, before I take it back to the dealer. Thank you.

Best Regards

Jagie

Update: No programming of any kind on the remote is lost , all functions work. It will only work when the remote is placed around the parking brake area. Now , when this happened, I drove about 20km when the computer displays the Tire Pressure fault Monitor message on the console. This is telling me that the signal from the tire pressure sensors are not reaching the computer also. So it seems these two problems are related. I will take it back to the dealer in the morning.

I got my service appointment this morning at 8:00am. An hour and a half later, the service rep agrees with me that both problems are related and that they have to order a "JUNCTION BOX" to fix this problem. Once the junction box is installed, they will have to reprogram. Estimated time is ????. They don't know how long it will take. I love this vehicle, but I am dissappointed because of this early problems.

:yup: [quote name='Jagie' date='09 November 2010 - 09:50 AM' timestamp='1289314201'

I got my service appointment this morning at 8:00am. An hour and a half later, the service rep agrees with me that both problems are related and that they have to order a "JUNCTION BOX" to fix this problem. Once the junction box is installed, they will have to reprogram. Estimated time is ????. They don't know how long it will take. I love this vehicle, but I am disappointed because of this early problems.

I would not worry about it, thinks happen. I had some small problems with my 09. After they got few bugs out, I have not had problem for while.