Scrolling 2011 Backup display

I think I read somewhere on this forum that someone had this problem. I haven't so far; but I sometimes get a picture of the previous place I backed out of; but just for a second and then it disappears.

I've had the scroll problem and the previous place pic. My car is in the shop as we speak--I'll let you know if they figure it out! :)

This is the 3rd time this has happened to me. The backup camera does a vertical scroll

Video of scrolling

Thank you for postingt this. I have a 2011 Ford Edge Limited and it happened to me once. It worked fine, I turned off the car, did an errand, came back and the scrolling was happening. I cleaned the camera and shut off the vehicle to see if it would help....it didn't. I went into a meeting and came out a couple hours later and it was fine. Hasn't happened since - in almost 2 months. I wasn't able to get a video of it.....thought of that during my meeting and (of course) it worked fine when I came out.

Please keep us updated if the dealer provides a solution!

This happened to mine once; MUCH more frequently the backup camera display turns "black" either immediately after or soon after putting the car in reverse, particularly if I'm doing so not long after turning on the car. It seems to be a visual bug triggered by the text that overlays on top; there's always a "glitch" when that text pops up (the "cancel" or whatnot). Mine is also at the dealer today, we'll see what they say.

DEALER UPDATE: They just called and told me that they are expecting "updates" for the backup system from Ford within a few weeks. I asked them if they meant software updates of the kind that I could install myself, and they said no – dealer-installed updates. So... that's that? We'll see in a few weeks I suppose.

DEALER UPDATE: They just called and told me that they are expecting "updates" for the backup system from Ford within a few weeks. I asked them if they meant software updates of the kind that I could install myself, and they said no – dealer-installed updates. So... that's that? We'll see in a few weeks I suppose.

Great news!! An update!

I wonder if it is a complete Sync update or just for the backup.

Edited by wilsons66604