3000 mile review

njbrandon

It's been 2 months and 3000 miles with no issues. Plenty of comfort and cargo space on our 500 mile camping trip to Penn State. Averaged 23 mpg with mostly highway driving. Coming from a Mercedes I appreciate the increased mpg and lower maintenence costs. Love the Vista roof, the front LEDs, and especially the tech. I figured out my quirk with the windshield wipers. Had to turn off auto mode so that it runs intermittent speeds. Only changes I'd like to see are an actual button for the hazards and having a locking gas door.

How do I change the wallpaper display and have photos for my phone book contacts?

It's been 2 months and 3000 miles with no issues. Plenty of comfort and cargo space on our 500 mile camping trip to Penn State. Averaged 23 mpg with mostly highway driving. Coming from a Mercedes I appreciate the increased mpg and lower maintenence costs. Love the Vista roof, the front LEDs, and especially the tech. I figured out my quirk with the windshield wipers. Had to turn off auto mode so that it runs intermittent speeds. Only changes I'd like to see are an actual button for the hazards and having a locking gas door.

How do I change the wallpaper display and have photos for my phone book contacts?

Load photos to a thumb drive then plug it in to your usb port and load to your Home screen.

Contact photos aren't supported with all (most) phones.

This version of Touch will always default to the standard home screen. You will always have to select the wallpaper view by hitting the home button twice. I'm hoping the next version will retain the view you prefer.

This!

Seriously, how hard is this to do? Seems baffling to me that they could leave this out.

Really? Are you talking about the body cover locking or the inside cap? My experience with the outside locking or latching is that they get frozen shut then you are just pissed out in the snow trying to get gas in your car to get back out of the freezing snow. I am glad it doesn't lock or latch!

Really? Are you talking about the body cover locking or the inside cap? My experience with the outside locking or latching is that they get frozen shut then you are just pissed out in the snow trying to get gas in your car to get back out of the freezing snow. I am glad it doesn't lock or latch!

I hear that Choff!.

I'd like to watch the idiot that tries to siphon gas from the new Edge. Have you seen the special funnel you need to use to fill the car from a gas can? I think Ford gave this more that just a little thought

I hear that Choff!.

I'd like to watch the idiot that tries to siphon gas from the new Edge. Have you seen the special funnel you need to use to fill the car from a gas can? I think Ford gave this more that just a little thought

I wouldn't be concerned about someone siphoning gas. It would pretty easy however to place damaging substances into the gas tank - something some kids did to a new vehicle lot here a couple of years ago. The capless idea is a good one but it would have been better if Ford had combined with a interior fuel door release. That would also have allowed them to remove the fuel door lip and provide a smooth appearance like most modern vehicles.

You can however buy a locking "insert" from Ford accessories.

I wouldn't be concerned about someone siphoning gas. It would pretty easy however to place damaging substances into the gas tank - something some kids did to a new vehicle lot here a couple of years ago. The capless idea is a good one but it would have been better if Ford had combined with a interior fuel door release. That would also have allowed them to remove the fuel door lip and provide a smooth appearance like most modern vehicles.

You can however buy a locking "insert" from Ford accessories.

It's not so easy to put stuff down the opening

Read this article

With Easy Fuel, the spring-loaded flapper door is held closed by two latches that can only be released by a standard-size unleaded fuel nozzle. When the proper nozzle is inserted into the filler neck of the system, the latches release, and the nozzle pushes the spring-loaded flapper door to the open position. When the nozzle is removed, the flapper door automatically is forced closed by the spring.