Breaking News on Apple vs Ford

wilsons66604

G wiz, for a mere $500, I can upgrade to an ATT samsung Windows 7 phone. <<gag>>

One would think that Ford has an agreement with MICROSOFT phones. One would think.

I wonder if I just need to dig out my old Razor and go retro.

What phone do i need to keep the Touch from rebooting in the middle of my short commute?? Anyone, Anyone??

G wiz, for a mere $500, I can upgrade to an ATT samsung Windows 7 phone. <<gag>>

One would think that Ford has an agreement with MICROSOFT phones. One would think.

I wonder if I just need to dig out my old Razor and go retro.

What phone do i need to keep the Touch from rebooting in the middle of my short commute?? Anyone, Anyone??

WHY are you so convinced that it is your phone causing the reboot?

WHY are you so convinced that it is your phone causing the reboot?

It may be hardware but I hope it is software because it's should be easier to fix

I've been a systems analyst for several years now and have a pretty good feel for what is software vs phone vs hardware issues. The problems and symptoms I've had are what i feel are software issues and the way it communicates with the iPhone.

The Ford techs at the dealership will blinding tell you it's hardware because that is the only thing they know.

Edited by wilsons66604

Hey aKirby... Does this qualify as Deceptive marketing? I think so

Absolutely not. Where does Ford advertise that all these features work with your iPhone? For the 100th time (at least):

FORD has absolutely no control over cell phones. They don't control how the cell phone mfr or service provider implement bluetooth. They never have and they never will. All Ford can do is provide the INDUSTRY STANDARD bluetooth profile interface and ask the cell phone companies to comply.

Early on syncmyride.com actually did hands-on testing of cell phones to figure out what worked and what didn't and they published that to help customers. But think about how many different cell phones and OSes are on the market right now and how quickly new ones appear. It would be foolish to think Ford could do extensive testing on each and every new phone and new os version from every provider and keep it up to date.

When you buy a bluetooth headset, does it list every single phone that it works with? Of course not. This is no different.

You're just upset because your new toy doesn't work the way you assumed it would. Ford has to take the blame for the system locking up - no interfacing device should be allowed to cause that. But you can only blame Apple for the iphone not working with Sync the way you want.

And I don't believe Ford ever advertised or implied that all features would work with an Iphone. I think you just assumed that (incorrectly).

So no - there is absolutely no deception here. There is a phone incompatibility issue that Apple has to resolve and there is a sync problem that Ford is working on as we speak. You say it has to be software, but if it was software then a reload from scratch should fix it, at least temporarily. I think you'll see a fix within the next 2-3 weeks and it could be hardware or software or both.

Absolutely not. Where does Ford advertise that all these features work with your iPhone? For the 100th time (at least):

FORD has absolutely no control over cell phones. They don't control how the cell phone mfr or service provider implement bluetooth. They never have and they never will. All Ford can do is provide the INDUSTRY STANDARD bluetooth profile interface and ask the cell phone companies to comply.

Early on syncmyride.com actually did hands-on testing of cell phones to figure out what worked and what didn't and they published that to help customers. But think about how many different cell phones and OSes are on the market right now and how quickly new ones appear. It would be foolish to think Ford could do extensive testing on each and every new phone and new os version from every provider and keep it up to date.

When you buy a bluetooth headset, does it list every single phone that it works with? Of course not. This is no different.

You're just upset because your new toy doesn't work the way you assumed it would. Ford has to take the blame for the system locking up - no interfacing device should be allowed to cause that. But you can only blame Apple for the iphone not working with Sync the way you want.

And I don't believe Ford ever advertised or implied that all features would work with an Iphone. I think you just assumed that (incorrectly).

So no - there is absolutely no deception here. There is a phone incompatibility issue that Apple has to resolve and there is a sync problem that Ford is working on as we speak. You say it has to be software, but if it was software then a reload from scratch should fix it, at least temporarily. I think you'll see a fix within the next 2-3 weeks and it could be hardware or software or both.

You are a work of art.. It's so much fun pulling your chain

Here is the response from Ford that prompted the Twitter conversation.

Ford seems to point to the iPhone as being the issue causing the bugs.

(read from bottom up)

You assume that the person twitter is someone more that an lowly paid pr person who might actually have a clue what is broken. OF COURSE they will blame your phone, but they can't tell you what is wrong. If you are so set on it being a software issue, go to your dealer and have them reinstall the current software out there. Some of us have no problems so the software isn't as defective as you making it out to be.

GADS..

I have an '08 and have always had some issues with my iPhone and Sync. They are not 100% compatible with the system. The bluetooth streaming is not 100% and I have had it not connect to the phone bluetooth on and off and have had to restart the bluetooth on the phone, and I have also had my iPod attached to the USB stop working and have had to disconnect and reboot the iPod and reconnect. Music streams from the iPhone but you can only use the volume control, not the fast forward/back. On the Ford Sync site there is a compatibility chart for phones and many of the categories for iPhone are unchecked. Guessing a similar chart exists for the My Ford. An Apple product running on a Microsoft product is going to have problems.

And I believe what that guy says that Apple would be difficult. My iTunes account was hacked this summer and when I called to handle the problem they acted like I was the only person this happened to and that they had no idea why and were less than helpful, when in reality it has been a widespread problem for a year now, hundreds of thousands of accounts hacked. They wanted to charge me for support time to get my account secured. I had to close my checking account, freeze my paypal account and they froze my iTunes account. When I called to get it unfrozen they again wanted to charge me for their time. Apple handles issues by not handling them.