Just bought Edge...2 questions

Hi Guys, my wife and I just ordered the ford edge here in Ontario. I have two questions.

1)How long did most of you wait for yours to come in?

2)My wife wanted to know if the back behind the second seat is large enough to put in a good sized stroller and some groceries. She is a bit concerned it could be too small back there..anyone have kids, how well does it hold stuff?

Thanks

Mine took six weeks - it was AWD SEL Plus with Vista Roof and Navigation.

As for back - with a seat folded down - absolutely no problem.

You can likely stand the stroller on its side agn the seat and groceries in front. It should work.

If still in doubt.. I would take stroller in to your Ford dealer and see - nothing like seeing it for yourself.

Just an FYI - once you order and have a VIN - go on over to blueovalforums.com - post the VIN under vehicle locator by employees and they can keep you up to date on production.

Things are running smoother now - just depends on what options you have ordered.

Edited by Edgy Girl

Thanks Edgy Girl, you made my wife feel better. Still interested in more opinions if anyone else knows but thanks again for the info.

[

quote name=Edgy Girl' date='May 21 2007, 02:52 PM' post='3612]

Mine took six weeks - it was AWD SEL Plus with Vista Roof and Navigation.

As for back - with a seat folded down - absolutely no problem.

You can likely stand the stroller on its side agn the seat and groceries in front. It should work.

If still in doubt.. I would take stroller in to your Ford dealer and see - nothing like seeing it for yourself.

Just an FYI - once you order and have a VIN - go on over to blueovalforums.com - post the VIN under vehicle locator by employees and they can keep you up to date on production.

Things are running smoother now - just depends on what options you have ordered.

Nuebin,

The rear cargo area is plenty big to fit a stroller.

I took my son camping this weekend and we fit two sleeping bags (rolled up), a tent, two chairs (the canvas kind that fold up), and a beach stroller (like a cargo stroller to carry all of the above. In addition to the above, I have a 5 gallon cargo tote attached to the carpet with velcro for storing little items.

All this was fit in the rear without folding down the seats. :rockon:

Nuebin,

I ordered my Edge on 5/14, my dealer told me yesterday that I should get it in the Third week of June. So approx 5 weeks from order to delivery, which isn't to bad. As far as the stroller goes, I don't think you will have a problem. I am a college student graduating in Dec. and one of the reasons I bought the Edge is my job will have me moving around often and I liked the amount of storage space.

Aggie07, are you in B/CS? Where did you order yours?

Class of 91 here. I have mine on order from Appel Ford in Brenham.

Sheik,

I am in CS, but I am from Houston originally so I ordered mine from Helfman Ford in Houston. I was a little disappointed that there isn't a maron color, but I am hoping red will suffice.

Sheik,

I am in CS, but I am from Houston originally so I ordered mine from Helfman Ford in Houston. I was a little disappointed that there isn't a maron color, but I am hoping red will suffice.

I received mine on May 2nd....ordered on February 28th...what a wait! But well worth it! My issue, along with many others, was the navigation system but the shortage seems to be over. Aggie07 - I have the Redfire Sel + AWD and the color is absolutely beautiful. The metallic paint just sparkles. I think you will forget all about wanting a maroon one! Enjoy!

I am glad you Aggies like the Sooner Red Edge, but I prefer my Longhorn Burnt Orange one. Hook'em!

I was wondering if there were any longhorns in this post. i must admit, the first time I saw on ad for the Edge I figured it must have been created by a T-SIP. But I am sure we can both agree that this looks to be a great car, I can't wait to get mine!

Hook Em Horns!

...former "Longhorn #36"

I think there should be a warning given before ordering a new edge, you may go crazy waiting for it...I Want My New Edge!!!

It should be built this week, but knowing I have a new car coming makes it that much harder getting in my '92 volvo every morning

Plenty of room in the back. Went car camping with my wife. We both slept in the back with our legs stretched out. We're both 6 feet tall. We even put down the passenger seat and set up a laptop for DVD viewing. I'd be afraid to scratch the leather of the back seats as far as a stroller goes.