Is the Jukebox a myth on 2011 MyFord?

My salesman and some of the articles about MyFord Touch I've read on the net describe a "jukebox" where you're able to save music into the Sync system off CD and other devices. I've read through the manual and played with all the buttons and just can't figure it out.

Is this a real feature on the current version of MyFord on the 2011 Edge Limited?

I've tried with regular CD, MP3 CD, and iPod, all with no luck.

Google, forum and owner's guide pdf searches seem silent on this. What am I missing?

As far as I can tell you can't rip any other media to an internal HD. There is some internal memory since you can replay Sat radio, but you can't rip from one media to an internal drive.

Best recommendation is to dump your media either to a USB stick or some other device and use that. USB sticks are rock cheap and you can get 16GB and keep it in your car with all your media.

I think the internal HD is going to be a dinosaur after a couple of years anyway as we move to keep our music in the "clouds" anyway. :)

My salesman and some of the articles about MyFord Touch I've read on the net describe a "jukebox" where you're able to save music into the Sync system off CD and other devices. I've read through the manual and played with all the buttons and just can't figure it out.

Is this a real feature on the current version of MyFord on the 2011 Edge Limited?

I've tried with regular CD, MP3 CD, and iPod, all with no luck.

Google, forum and owner's guide pdf searches seem silent on this. What am I missing?

The Jukebox is a thing of the past. The two USB ports is what you have instead.

Ah, thanks for the replies!

I figured the salesman was full of it (or at least mistaken), but wanted to make sure. It's no big deal, I just figured that if the system had the storage, why not use it.

I'm already using an old iPhone permanently plugged into one of the USB ports...if only that thing would sync with iTunes over the home WiFi, I'd be golden on updates.

Re: the USB ports, the Sync system on 2008 Edge recognized a 250gb portable USB drive I have with 100gb of music files dumped to it; the new 2011 system says the device isn't compatible. That's an interesting step backwards in my opinion.

Re: the SD card slot. I think it's misleading of Ford to advertise the SD card slot as a media feature, since there's only one, and it's required for the navigation system to work; that's a minor nitpick, though.

Re: cloud storage; that's still going to be a while, in my opinion, until cellular networks vastly improve. I have phones with AT&T and T-Mobile here in Los Angeles, in many areas, no cell data, or Edge/GSM only, which isn't conducive to streaming, plus the caps on data might be problematic for some.

Speaking of cloud though, where's the Pandora app they demo...that will be cool when it is released (or better yet Slacker).

Overall, the new system is so much better than my original Edge, and the voice recognition actually works reliably and consistently.

Edited by DistortedEdge

Speaking of cloud though, where's the Pandora app they demo...that will be cool when it is released (or better yet Slacker).

Overall, the new system is so much better than my original Edge, and the voice recognition actually works reliably and consistently.

As far as Pandora goes...no app at this time, but you can listen to it using bluetooth.

As far as Pandora goes...no app at this time, but you can listen to it using bluetooth.

Yeah, I knew that, but thanks for pointing it. I usually stream a PodCast player over bluetooth. With my Android phone, any app that outputs audio is supported over the BT stream, but of course you lose the ability to control over the Sync system. :)