Sirius radio

Hello all,

I have 07 SEL and the radio subscription expired. I tried to send a signal and it did not activate. Called Sirius and they advised i needed to have "hard reset" done to the radio and since it is a factory install, I need to go to the dealer. Any ideas, don't really want to pay the $92 to look at it.

Thanks

Rodney

Hello all,

I have 07 SEL and the radio subscription expired. I tried to send a signal and it did not activate. Called Sirius and they advised i needed to have "hard reset" done to the radio and since it is a factory install, I need to go to the dealer. Any ideas, don't really want to pay the $92 to look at it.

Thanks

Rodney

Yeah, We have an 07 as well, the subscription expires.

We started a new sub, and no matter how many times they send the "signal" it will not activate.

After about 3 hours, they got someone else on the phone saying I had to visit the dealer, and get a "hard reset"

Ford won't do anything. They have no reset procedure.

Sirius won't do anything, they say take it to Ford.

I stopped in at the dealer, they looked in the service manual, there is no Hard Reset for that unit.

They did some thing on the head unit to see if it was logging any errors, and none.

Vehicle is no longer under warranty, so $600 to replace.

I don't think the hardware is faulty, but this is because of a software bug, as they activated fine for the preview.

Something happened when it took activation.

My theory is that inactivated radios listen to the data stream for instructions.

When they received the instruction to activate, it did.

When it received the instruction to deactivate, I think also deactivated itself from "listening" to the data stream as well.

Sirius has offered up a free radio, the kind with FM modulator. I want to keep the factory installed, though, I'm anal about that, and having everything cleanly installed. Plus. I paid for what I have, it's not fault it screwed up. I'm still trying to find out what can be done.

I'll continue to provide updates.

OK, Issue resolved!

Unfortuneatley, I don't have a "fix" except to keep trying...

As I do every time I get in, I use my iphone to go to sirius.com, log in, and click on the ESN and select "Resent Activation"

I've done this at least 50 times, and it's never worked... Today, it worked...

The sirius is working as it should...

Just keep doing that, maybe eventually it will take.

Good luck!

• 2 months later...

Recently bought a used 2007 Edge and having the same problems with getting it to activate. I've called sirius but there's nothing they can do, I've also called the ford dealership and they gave me the number to the company that repairs the radio unit. They gave me the same answer, "the unit needs to be replaced". I find it hard to believe that the unit is defective, this is more a software issue that can be fixed with the right knowledge. Until I figure out if its possible to fix I'll just do what avediswolf did and just resend the activitation signal. In case it helps anyone with 6 cd changer sterio, when on the SAT channel press AUX 2 to enter the diag menu. Just press the key combo to alternate between the different options.