2011 Myford Touch Error

Hello, I just picked up my 2011 Edge yesterday and after having it for 4 hours I went to start the vehicle and the MyFord Touch system would not start up. All I got was a black screen and on the driver's screen (between the steering wheel) all I got was a "Navigation error please refer to touch screen" message. i took it back to my local ford dealer today and they told me they thought they fixed it. But after turning off the vehicle and then trying to start again, the same thing is happening. Has anybody else had this issue??

Hello, I just picked up my 2011 Edge yesterday and after having it for 4 hours I went to start the vehicle and the MyFord Touch system would not start up. All I got was a black screen and on the driver's screen (between the steering wheel) all I got was a "Navigation error please refer to touch screen" message. i took it back to my local ford dealer today and they told me they thought they fixed it. But after turning off the vehicle and then trying to start again, the same thing is happening. Has anybody else had this issue??

Yes. Lots of people are reporting similar problems. Yours sounds to be one of the worse cases. Read the other threads here and you'll see a variety of issues being reported. If you were simply having problems with performance or various parts of My Ford Touch not working as expected (backup camera, for example), then pulling fuse 29, waiting a few minutes and putting it back is a cold boot of the system. I suspect that the dealer did exactly that for you. Go back to the delaer.

-steve

New software becoming available. Check with your dealers.

I'll believe it when I see reports of people actually having it installed! Could be next week, could be next year.

Aren't there a lot of advertised features on the system that aren't actually there yet, as well? I'm thinking about a web browser that was bragged about, and getting Sync Services via WiFi instead of voice calls.

Seems like they have a lot of bugs to fix as well as promised features to add.

Edited by DistortedEdge

I'll believe it when I see reports of people actually having it installed! Could be next week, could be next year.

Aren't there a lot of advertised features on the system that aren't actually there yet, as well? I'm thinking about a web browser that was bragged about, and getting Sync Services via WiFi instead of voice calls.

I can't remember where but one dealer had the cable and software release and was going to install it on a customer's vehicle yesterday. I don't think it's been distributed to all dealers yet but they are installing the new software at the factory. Check with your dealer - I'm sure they'll all be getting it within the next week or so.

The web browser was advertised as "late availability" which means you'll get it with a sync update later. No false advertising, just impatient owners.

I'm with you. I'll believe it when I see it.

There has been no confirmation of the new software be installed yet. One person said the dealer installed it but we haven't gotten confirmation of the version that is installed.

I wish people wouldn't spread rumors.

If I get the new software Monday, I'll post a screen shot of my installed software version.

As much as I love the look and feel of my new 2011 Edge, I have to say I've had it with this car. I cant even use the MFT system. All I get is a black screen every time I start the car. Once I pull the fuse and let it sit for a few minutes, the sync system works right after that. But then it just shortly goes back to its normal self (black screen) and I get nothing, no radio, nav, or phone. Climate thank god works! I feel it is unfair for all of us having to go through this, we purchased a car and it should work as advertised. I wouldn't mind if the sync system was buggy and it actually turned on every time and I was able to use audio/nav but the fact that I get nothing is complete utter crap. I am paying all this money for a car that I cant really enjoy. Plus since I Cant even use sirius, I am pretty much letting that go to waste since I cant even use it!!

A lot of headaches and frustrations right now, I called my dealer and he hasn't heard of anyone of his customers who has purchased a 2011 Edge with these problems. He is going to call me tomorrow after he speaks with the guys in service dept and let me know what I should do. I really pray that ford starts rolling this update out real soon.

Edited by jsabia85

I can't remember where but one dealer had the cable and software release and was going to install it on a customer's vehicle yesterday. I don't think it's been distributed to all dealers yet but they are installing the new software at the factory. Check with your dealer - I'm sure they'll all be getting it within the next week or so.

The web browser was advertised as "late availability" which means you'll get it with a sync update later. No false advertising, just impatient owners.

I never said the web browser not being there was false advertising. I called a promised upgrade in the context of they have a lot of code they need to get this system to the specs they bragged about last year when MFT was announced.