Windows Phone 7

wilsons66604

Yes. Audible texting and contact photos & addresses

I wonder if the 7 phone would be treated the same way.

Wilson - You can try reaching out to the guy in this thread, he never replied to my question in the thread itself, but I sent him a PM, and he says it is working with him Samsung Focus. However he did say it has issues while connected via USB, I believe he said it charges but SYNC cannot control/index the library. I personally don't care as I have my Music connected via USB Flash Drive, I just want the Photos and Texting with a Slicker Phone Interface then BlackBerry. I may be pulling the trigger on a Samsung Focus shortly, also on a side Note the 4.2 OIS update came out today, I installed over lunch, and it does not send Photos or Text Messages although I think we all knew that, since Apple had said nothing about new Bluetooth Profiles coming with this update. I will have to test out if the popping/skipping issue are still there on my ride home, usually after a skip or so, my system would lock up, and freeze all ports in the media hub until an overnight shutdown or fuse pull.

Duh - forgot to post the url for the thread over at www.fordsyncforum.com

http://fordsyncforum.com/index.php?/topic/1361-windows-phone-7-experiences/

Edited by francois.nc

Wilson - You can try reaching out to the guy in this thread, he never replied to my question in the thread itself, but I sent him a PM, and he says it is working with him Samsung Focus. However he did say it has issues while connected via USB, I believe he said it charges but SYNC cannot control/index the library. I personally don't care as I have my Music connected via USB Flash Drive, I just want the Photos and Texting with a Slicker Phone Interface then BlackBerry. I may be pulling the trigger on a Samsung Focus shortly, also on a side Note the 4.2 OIS update came out today, I installed over lunch, and it does not send Photos or Text Messages although I think we all knew that, since Apple had said nothing about new Bluetooth Profiles coming with this update. I will have to test out if the popping/skipping issue are still there on my ride home, usually after a skip or so, my system would lock up, and freeze all ports in the media hub until an overnight shutdown or fuse pull.

Duh - forgot to post the url for the thread over at www.fordsyncforum.com

http://fordsyncforum...-7-experiences/

I think you and I have the same reasons for wanting Windows 7 vs BB

I installed iOS 4.2 today also. When I got my car back from the shop, I deleted the pairing and re-paired.

In my brief tests the phone recognize that it was connected to BT Audio (after clicking on BT Audio 3times on the Touch screen). Also, I noticed the little icon on the iPhone volume bar (where you select the output) has changed

I can now confirm...Windows Phone 7 Works like a charm with the Edge

Contact Photos & addresses

Audible text messages

BT Audio streams without intervention

happy%20feet.gif

I went to the AT&T store today and took the store's Window Phone 7 device out to the car to test. I paired it, saw the contact photo and I sent a sms to it. The right screen prompted me to have it read out loud. Way Cool!

I left the store with the Samsung Focus (figured the "Focus" would work with a Ford). I've got 30 days to test drive it but it looks like it was made for the Sync/Touch system so I may keep it. I asked about the Black Friday special. $25 off on friday. I talked them into $20 off today. I figured this is a small investment compared to the 40k I spent on the Edge.

I have an adapter for my iPhone's mini sim that makes it a full size sim. I'm hanging onto the mini sim just in case I go back to iPhone 4

I was startled today when I started the car and a Podcast started streaming w/o my help.

Mind you that this does not fix all of the Sync/Touch issues but it sure helps.

Now I just need to get over the learning curve of the new system. I also need to find replacements for Pandora, Stitcher and other apps...that kinda sucks but it's worth it

UPDATE:

Did I say Sync still has issues? BT Audio is having problems connecting to the Focus even after a re-pairing

Edited by wilsons66604

That is good news in that there exists a current type of cell phone that supports all the major features of Ford's sync. Unfortunately Windows Phone 7 is so deficient at many functions which I've come to take for granted, that I can't even consider it as an option until there's some major improvements.

That is good news in that there exists a current type of cell phone that supports all the major features of Ford's sync. Unfortunately Windows Phone 7 is so deficient at many functions which I've come to take for granted, that I can't even consider it as an option until there's some major improvements.

What features do you believe to be missing?

-steve

What features do you believe to be missing?

-steve

I understand that tethering is not available currently and that alone would eliminate it from my consideration. Multitasking the way it is implemented on WP7 is quite sad and that's not something that is going to be easy to fix like, say, the missing copy and paste functons. There's practically no application base as would be the case in any new introduction. The market will expand but to what extent? Personally I don't like the way the interface looks - at all.

It's nice though that Microsoft will be in control of system updates and not the telecoms or individual manufacturers which is a big problem in the Android world.

I understand that tethering is not available currently and that alone would eliminate it from my consideration. Multitasking the way it is implemented on WP7 is quite sad and that's not something that is going to be easy to fix like, say, the missing copy and paste functons. There's practically no application base as would be the case in any new introduction. The market will expand but to what extent? Personally I don't like the way the interface looks - at all.

It's nice though that Microsoft will be in control of system updates and not the telecoms or individual manufacturers which is a big problem in the Android world.

I must say that I do like the iPhone much better.

I'm still leaving my option to return this WP7 open.

The working Touch features are neat though.

I'm curious to see if I can get the BT Audio to connect today. It wasn't able to last night

UPDATE:

No luck in getting Sync to connect to Samsung Focus Windows Phone 7 today.

I pulled the phone battery, pulled fuse 29, deleted device, & re-paired it.

The phone connects but no BT Audio today

Edited by wilsons66604

I must say that I do like the iPhone much better.

I'm still leaving my option to return this WP7 open.

The working Touch features are neat though.

I'm curious to see if I can get the BT Audio to connect today. It wasn't able to last night

UPDATE:

No luck in getting Sync to connect to Samsung Focus Windows Phone 7 today.

I pulled the phone battery, pulled fuse 29, deleted device, & re-paired it.

The phone connects but no BT Audio today

Wilson,

How about calls over Bluetooth, I have heard there are some issues on WP7 phones with Bluetooth calls, I just visited an ATT store and took a demo out the car, and can confirm, the Contact Photos and Texting worked perfectly. I made a call to my work phone and left a message, while it sounded great on the work phone end, it was some what garbled in the car, when hearing my voicemail message and the lady at end of the call that asks if you want to send the message or not.

How much did you have to pay for it, since you have an iPhone4 I would assume you had to pay full price?

Calls made from the phone 7 sounded good on the car speaker. The Voice Mail lady sounded great. The messages I left on my work's voice mail sounded like I was in a car. Background noise was annoying when I wasn't talking. When I was talking, the noise was cancelled out.

I was able to get this phone for the subsidized $219.99 prize minus $20. My daughter's line was available for an upgrade so I used it. It was kinda of a shell game but we got it done.

I had to call ATT today have them put my unlimited data back on my line. They had knocked me down to the $25 2gb plan but with a little talking, I got grandfathered back into unlimited for $30/mo

The sim adapter I got worked great after I inserted the mini sim all the way into the adapter and reinserted into phone.

The SMS stuff is really cool. Text to voice sounds great.

Still no BT Audio today

UPDATE:

I re-Paired the phone and BT Audio streamed

:doh:

Edited by wilsons66604

Windows Phone 7 is getting packed up and returned tomorrow.

I really love the Audible SMS and contact photos but I couldn't get Sync to connect to BT Audio any more.

Microsoft Sync can't sync to a Microsoft phone. That is pretty lame

After retesting my iPhone 4 with the latest update, I found that it is much better about connecting to BT Audio.

BTW: Windows Phone 7 operating system SUCKS!

Windows Phone 7 is getting packed up and returned tomorrow.

I really love the Audible SMS and contact photos but I couldn't get Sync to connect to BT Audio any more.

Microsoft Sync can't sync to a Microsoft phone. That is pretty lame

After retesting my iPhone 4 with the latest update, I found that it is much better about connecting to BT Audio.

BTW: Windows Phone 7 operating system SUCKS!

WIlsons,

I cant get my Iphone 4 latest patch to connect BT audio with sync, that Sync is real piece of work. Can anyone say BETA

WIlsons,

I cant get my Iphone 4 latest patch to connect BT audio with sync, that Sync is real piece of work. Can anyone say BETA

You might try doing a soft reset on iPhone by holding power and home buttons until it shuts down.

Remove the device from Sync, and remove Sync from the iPhone.

Now pair the two again. Hopefully that will help for a while.