Cross Traffic Alert on MFT

On a 2011 Edge Limited I have noticed that when my car is in reverse and there is traffic on the steet I am backing into, I get a visible alert on the dash telling me there is traffic coming from the left or right. However, there is no audible alert.

Do others have the audible alert?

On a 2011 Edge Limited I have noticed that when my car is in reverse and there is traffic on the steet I am backing into, I get a visible alert on the dash telling me there is traffic coming from the left or right. However, there is no audible alert.

I've had mine go off once and I seem to remember an audible alert. Similar to the collision alert sound with the red bar on the windshield if not the exact same sound.

**realizing now that this makes me sound like a very unsafe driver**

I've had mine go off once and I seem to remember an audible alert. Similar to the collision alert sound with the red bar on the windshield if not the exact same sound.

**realizing now that this makes me sound like a very unsafe driver**

pssst.....Tonya...you're supposed to put down your beer when you're driving.....

Yes, there is definitely an audio alert.

You might play with the settings for the system. Maybe you have backup alert turned off. I believe it's accessible on the left hand joystick/screen. It's also in the settings for the car on the MFT panel, but you have to dig deep to find it.

If you have it enabled and aren't getting audible alerts, it sounds like you have a glitch that needs repair.

• 2 months later...

rkaplan - recently discovered I have same problem - have you resolved - if so - how?