need keyless entry help, instructions not working

managed to find some instructions for changing the keyless entry codes online and they dont work. also followed the instructions to disable the keyless entry(since the code 11111) unlocks the doors(really hate this) and cant seem to get that to work either,

i have the original factory code(still have the card with it on it) so thats not the problem.

have a 2008 sel fwd and really worried about 11111 being the access code. really dislike having to go to the dealerships for many obvious reasons so was hoping that someone on here could post an algorithm that worked for them or at least maybe know why following the instructions i have found i have had no luck.

thanks alot.

managed to find some instructions for changing the keyless entry codes online and they dont work. also followed the instructions to disable the keyless entry(since the code 11111) unlocks the doors(really hate this) and cant seem to get that to work either,

i have the original factory code(still have the card with it on it) so thats not the problem.

have a 2008 sel fwd and really worried about 11111 being the access code. really dislike having to go to the dealerships for many obvious reasons so was hoping that someone on here could post an algorithm that worked for them or at least maybe know why following the instructions i have found i have had no luck.

thanks alot.

EDIT - Was typing my answer at the same time akirby posted, so had not seen his reply yet.

Hi Keith. :D First question: Have you followed the instructions for programming/erasing Keyless Entry codes that are right in the Owners Manual? If not, those are the instructions you need to follow. If for some reason you don't have an Owners Manual, you can download a PDF copy here: LINK: Ford Owner Guides

To be honest, your post is a bit unclear (to me at least), therefore the rest of my reply just tries to cover some of the possible bases. So next, I am not sure what directions you are following, but to my knowledge there is no way to "disable" the Factory code. As the Owners Manual directions explain (2008 version, pages 139-141), you can program in up to 3 personal codes (in addition to the factory code) and change or erase them yourself at any time. However, the Factory set code is permanent. There are no directions or instructions in the Owners Manual to disable the Factory code. Those instructions are only for any personal codes an owner has added.

If "11111" is not the factory code and is an added "personal" code, then follow the instructions in your Owners Manual (not whatever instructions you found online) to disable the owner added "11111" code.

If your Factory code is really "11111" (?), you will need to contact your Dealers Service Department to see if they can get instructions from Ford to help you. I would point out to the Dealer and Ford that the Owners Manual specifically warns against a code with 5 of the same number or 5 sequential numbers (copied an pasted from the Manual):

Tips:

• Do not set a code that uses five of the same number.

• Do not use five numbers in sequential order.

Let us know how you make out.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530