hard water spots

sweetie6116

I just got my NEW creme brulee SEL with camel leather and vista roof and I have to say I am in LOVE!!! This is the first American car I have bought in YEARS! Had a Toyota Highlander and a Mits. Montero Sport but this car beats them both HANDS DOWN!

Now that that is out of the way!

I just got my car this weekend and notice that there are what appear to be hard water spots on the hood and on the vista roof that won't come off with just regular washing. I am assuming the dealer just sprayed the cars down without drying properly.

Anyone know anything about "claying"??? I have read up and it says it works but you must be careful so that you dont' do more damage. I just hate to go ahead and wax this stuff in further!!! HElp anyone? THe water spots on the vista roof are EXTRMEMELY annoying![/color] :banghead:

it is a nice color! My wife liked it alot but said since I was the one who would be the primary driver I got to pick the color. I sat in it and asked her for her honest opinion...DID IT LOOK LIKE A GIRL COLOR. She said yes, and I bought the BLACK one...lol

The clay systems are one of the best systems offered to the public in a long time. Body shops have had a similar system available to them for a while. They are very safe as long as you use the lubricant spray that is enclosed with them. I had the best success with the Mothers Car Care clay sytem. Lubricant, clay bar, and wax come in a complete set for around 15-18 bucks USD. Not very fond of most Mothers' products but this one is excellent. Just check the manufacture date of your vehicle as you I would only resort to this technique if your paint is older than 3 months.

The clay systems are one of the best systems offered to the public in a long time. Body shops have had a similar system available to them for a while. They are very safe as long as you use the lubricant spray that is enclosed with them. I had the best success with the Mothers Car Care clay sytem. Lubricant, clay bar, and wax come in a complete set for around 15-18 bucks USD. Not very fond of most Mothers' products but this one is excellent. Just check the manufacture date of your vehicle as you I would only resort to this technique if your paint is older than 3 months.

Where do I look to find the manufacturing date of my car????

*´¨)

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)

(¸.·´ (¸.·' ¤ Paula

My first thought would be take it back to dealer, tell them you did not notice the water spots, and you would like them to detail it like it should have been the first time. Chances are they will be more than happy to do it, and keep you a happy customer.

Chances are the dealer will do more harm than good trying to get rid of the spots. I'd do it yourself or take it to a detailer.

And I don't think modern paints require any extra curing time like they used to. You can usually wax or do whatever by the time you take delivery.