It arrived!!

richy

I ordered my MKX on Sept 30. It was built on Nov 5 and then placed on hold preventing it from being shipped. It was shipped Monday, arrived Tuesday and I took delivery yesterday. The dealer did exactly what I requested, which was not to touch the vehicle other than to perform the PDI and fill it with gas. Last night I removed the plastic from the seats and carpet, removed the plastic covers from the wheels, removed the window stickers, etc. I vacuumed the carpet and then applied 303 Fabric Guard (like Scotch Guard) to all the carpeting and carpet mats. It also came with nice rubber mats for the front and the rear. The rear one is a big one that goes all the way across, not two small individual ones. Nice touch. I am going to seal the wood and plastic trim on the inside, buff the paint lightly and apply two coats of a nano glass coating to the paint. I am also going to put it on the wheels; both the faces and the barrels. The trim will also be sealed with it. I will post pics when I am done. For now, this is what it looked like on Tuesday after it had been unloaded from the truck:

c5b50fd0.jpg

5f276aee.jpg

916190bb.jpg

Edited by richy

Richy,

The best with you new beauty, sure looks sweet ! I see that you're as bad as me, get a new car, bring it right home, and get a good coat of wax on it. I've been using Maguires Gold Class, have been very happy with the results and durability.

Happy Motoring :hyper:

Joe

Edited by JOEHIO

Richy,

The best with you new beauty, sure looks sweet ! I see that you're as bad as me, get a new car, bring it right home, and get a good coat of wax on it. I've been using Maguires Gold Class, have been very happy with the results and durability.

Happy Motoring :hyper:

Joe

Joe, it is an awesome feeling knowing you're the first one to clean it up. Check out the link to my complete job of detailing it and putting the nano coating on it:

http://www.live2detail.com/showthread.php?t=971

Finally! :happy feet: You got it! It's looks beautiful! You going to tint the windows? Enjoy it Richy and don't work too hard! lol

Trish, thanks so much. Oh, yeah, I hope to get the windows done this week. I'm on afternoons so it's perfect. Check out the work I put into it getting the surfaces sealed:

http://www.live2detail.com/showthread.php?t=971