MyFord Touch Software Update G2 V1.1

Just saw this on the Sync community:

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=fordsyncmb&tid=3096

"To all 2011 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX owners with the MyFord Touch sytem - There is a new software update (G2 V1.1) that is now available through Ford dealers. We are taking the opportunity to offer a software update to add enhancements and compatibility improvements as well as correcting functionality of several features.

As a planned, standard process of the SYNC and MyFord Touch development process, we continue to evolve and improve the software as we add the system to new products in our line-up, such as the Explorer and Focus. This new level of software is now being made available through this current update to existing MyFord/Lincoln Touch owners.

We strongly recommend that you first contact your local Ford dealership so that they can schedule an appointment for the MyFord Touch software update. Thank you,"

It would have been nice to have some details as to what specific things were added and fixed.

-steve

Great news (at least, I hope!). Just went to the website and noticed the same thing, although I have to admit that I flipped when I saw that "Dealer service fee may apply" ! Wow, wouldn't that be something. I hope the guys at the service desk are ready to hear alot of crap if they are going to charge me for this !!!

BT4T-14D544-BD Version SYNC GEN 2

+ Dealer Install (Requires a visit to your local dealership. Dealer service fee may apply.)

I am going tomorrow morning for the update. I'll let you know. Will also ask about the DRL's although not expecting much

I'll await some information from you and others before making my appointment as this is a busy week or so for me. Assuming that it resolves the issues we've faced, I'll make time for the update. :-) Of course, that also assumes that it doesn't introduce new issues!

-steve

I suspect that *all* dealer installed updates will include that disclaimer. Anything that isn't a warranty issue (and if the various MFT issues aren't warranty issues, I don't know what is!), would certainly involve the labor charge from the dealer service dept.

-steve

If it is to correct something that isn't working or functioning as promised, why would they charge?

There is no charge for an update.....if you have a probem that is addressed in the new program. If you just come in and say you want it because it's there, they can charge you for it. So, all you have to do is go in and tell them you have a problem with: sync, nav, climate controls, anything in the MT system and they will reprogram it for you.

Everyone should get the update, but if everything is working ok, wait a few weeks because they need to take care of the people who are broken first. It's a huge program and takes a long time to do right, so be patient.

I don't disagree. :-)

-steve

Just to follow up... from another post today

The screen turned completely off when I opened the door to exit. Hopefully the screen staying on issue is also resolved. One glitch I did see was the ambient lighting had the blue and green colors backward. If clicking on blue I got green and when clicking on green I got like a yellow. Very strange, will check it out further tomorrow morning. Otherwise doing great :hyper:

Edited by tpm419419

Just to follow up... from another post today

The screen turned completely off when I opened the door to exit. Hopefully the screen staying on issue is also resolved. One glitch I did see was the ambient lighting had the blue and green colors backward. If clicking on blue I got green and when clicking on green I got like a yellow. Very strange, will check it out further tomorrow morning. Otherwise doing great :hyper:

Weren't you the one that posted in this thread that you were having it updated recently, like Wednesday or today (Thursday)?

So, other than the color selection is it working good?

Also, did they charge you for the update?

I'm holding off on ordering an Edge until the majority of the software issues are resolved. So I'm eagerly awaiting some people reporting their software update statuses.

Edited by mindwarp

Weren't you the one that posted in this thread that you were having it updated recently, like Wednesday or today (Thursday)?

So, other than the color selection is it working good?

Also, did they charge you for the update?

I'm holding off on ordering an Edge until the majority of the software issues are resolved. So I'm eagerly awaiting some people reporting their software update statuses.

Yes sorry. Had the posts mixed up.

Here is what I posted earlier

I just got back from the dealer with my Edge. I can certainly say it is much quicker in response then before the update. The service tech told me he was able to get on the web this morning without any disconnects or freeze ups on Fords end.

When I got into my car I had to re pair my iPhone and download the phonebook. All quick dial numbers and such were lost so that needs to be re done. Auto temp settings had to be reentered as well. Can't say for sure if the seat settings were lost (didn't check it)

System is faster then before so that alone is worth it. Going through the phonebook is quick unlike before. I didn't find anything NEW like pictures in the phonebook entries. One thing I did see was on the Home button, when pressed you have 3 options to view the screen. The top option is where you can view stored photo's (that was lost as well) But in the 3 screen choice setting was an icon of the Lincoln symbol (I have a Ford). I don't think that was there before the update

I can also add that firm finger presses are still needed to make changes or entries. Will give it a good test tomorrow morning when it should be in the low 20's

Update was done at Ramp Ford in Port Jefferson Station NY 631-473-4600 Ed was the service writer

Hope this helps. If over the next few days the system stays as is and the bluetooth connection always finds my phone I'll be very happy (Not that much more should be expected of it)

Sync website shows the update

I just got back from the dealer with my Edge. I can certainly say it is much quicker in response then before the update. The service tech told me he was able to get on the web this morning without any disconnects or freeze ups on Fords end.

Have been reading about all the problems with updates and it is starting to look like a whole lot of the problem is with connection problems to Ford. I believe the secret to your successful update is the lack of disconnects or freeze ups. I know how bad this can be when I am trying to download large files with my satellite internet connection. It can be frustrating. From what I can gather the problem the tech was having with my update was slow download and freeze ups. It appears as if this update is not something that can be totally done locally. Hopefully mine will go better tomorrow or I will be an unhappy camper.