2011 edge TPMS never programed

2011sport

Hi there

I installed new wheels and tires for the winter. Got the sensors from ford dealer for 35$CAD each and ook the wheels tires and sensors to my buddies garage. After he installed everything (without programing anything) I have no warning light at all and its been 2 weeks. These things programed on its own or is my TPMS just not working?

Edited by 2011sport

• 3 months later...

Same thing happened to me. I purchased winter rims and sensors for my 11' Edge and had the local tire shop install them. I assumed that they reprogrammed the sensors to match the car. When I installed my stock summer tires last week I thought that I would have to reprogram the sensors but so far no warning light. My wife has had it on the highway a few times since and still no warning lights.

I called my local dealer and they said that as long as the light was not on, that the system was functioning properly. I then asked if the new 11' Edges automatically reset the sensors or if Ford had designed the software to allow for (2) sets of tires one for winter and one for summer. Nobody at the dealer knew the answer.

Are there any Ford tech's out there that could add some insight into thsi issue?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Same thing happened to me. I purchased winter rims and sensors for my 11' Edge and had the local tire shop install them. I assumed that they reprogrammed the sensors to match the car. When I installed my stock summer tires last week I thought that I would have to reprogram the sensors but so far no warning light. My wife has had it on the highway a few times since and still no warning lights.

I called my local dealer and they said that as long as the light was not on, that the system was functioning properly. I then asked if the new 11' Edges automatically reset the sensors or if Ford had designed the software to allow for (2) sets of tires one for winter and one for summer. Nobody at the dealer knew the answer.

Are there any Ford tech's out there that could add some insight into thsi issue?

Thanks in advance for any help,

I threw 20's on my 2011 SEL AWD from tirerack had them install the TPMS and no warning lights. My dealer tech said that sometimes it learns the new wheels and there is no need to have them reset. So far no problems and I have checked the pressure often and everything is in check.