Review of My 2011 Edge

CanuckG35

I've had my new Edge for over two weeks now and figured I would post a short review on it. I

While it's been mainly my wife driving it as I work from home full time, I must say that I am quite impressed with it. I find the ride of the Edge extremely smooth and quiet and much more composed over uneven/rough roads than other CUVs we test drove. Since I more used to driving Sport Sedans and Sports cars, I am not quite used to the cornering and braking of a CUV. I am sure I will get used to it the more I drive it though. I find the interior in the Edge extremely nice and fit and finish is very good. Ford has really stepped up their interiors and it's nice to see some more soft touch materials being used. I think the 13 speaker Sony system in the Edge sounds fantastic as well and certainly goes as loud as I'd ever want it. I really like having the BAMR and will really enjoy it in the summer months. It's not like going for a top down cruise in my S2000 though. :)

Fuel economy so far has been about 11.4L/100KMs on a combination of city and highway driving. A new engine in the winter is certainly not the time to measure fuel economy though. Although we have the rebooting issue with the MFT, I am confident that Ford will correct this with current and or future TSBs. I am most impressed with the way the Edge drives, and despite the MFT issues, I have zero regrets purchasing it. :)

Shane, glad to hear your experience has been positive for the most part. Mine has been fantastic. I have the blue night light like everyone else but I just lock the door with the button on the outside handle and it shuts it off immediately. It is so quiet and so smooth compared to my FX. I could get really used to this, LOL. And the heated steering wheel?? Heavenly. I'm sure I'll be lovin the cooled seats in the summer too.

Ed, I am surprised you don't have a VIN yet. Have you contacted your dealership and asked for it?

Shane I have talked to them a couple times and I will be checking again this coming week. It looks like it will be after Christmas before we get the Edge. My previous car was a lease and it's going back on Wednesday or Thur. of this coming week. The Ford dealer is giving us a loaner until the Edge arrives. So no complaints. On Tue. I will be receiving the products you suggested from eshine for detailing. You & yours have a very Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

Shane I have talked to them a couple times and I will be checking again this coming week. It looks like it will be after Christmas before we get the Edge. My previous car was a lease and it's going back on Wednesday or Thur. of this coming week. The Ford dealer is giving us a loaner until the Edge arrives. So no complaints. On Tue. I will be receiving the products you suggested from eshine for detailing. You & yours have a very Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

That's too bad that you won't have it before Christmas. I suppose it takes a little longer delivering them over to the rock. :)

Let me know if you have any questions about the detailing products you ordered and Merry Christmas to you and your family as well.

Shane

That's too bad that you won't have it before Christmas. I suppose it takes a little longer delivering them over to the rock. :)

Let me know if you have any questions about the detailing products you ordered and Merry Christmas to you and your family as well.

Shane

Yes, they usually sit in the yard in Halifax for a week or so. As long as they give me a loaner I really don't care if they hold it til April or whenever the snow disappears...whatever comes first LOL. No snow here yet and supposed to be 5-8C all next week with rain.