Turn by Turn Navigation in Canada

Just ordered my 2011 Ford Edge last week for February delivery, primarily to align with my existing car lease expiry, though I would have probably had to wait close to that long anyway. Quick question: I heard through the grapevine that the "Turn by Turn Directions" feature is not yet available in Canada. Is this true? If so, why is this so and when will it become available? Are there other features that are not yet or won't be available in Canada?

None of the three dealers I spoke to knew or would claim knowing of this problem.

Sync Services is not available in Canada. One of the features of Sync Services is turn-by-turn directions. However if you order the Navigation system, that is not part of Sync Services and will so it provide turn-by-turn directions.

Thanks Waldo for the clarification. I did not know that. Do you know why the entire "Sync" is not available in Canada and if this is a short term thing or not? Is there anything else not available in Canada?

I have the Navigation system included as one of my options so I guess that makes the Sync's "Turn by Turn Directions" feature redundant.

Thanks Waldo for the clarification. I did not know that. Do you know why the entire "Sync" is not available in Canada and if this is a short term thing or not? Is there anything else not available in Canada?

I have the Navigation system included as one of my options so I guess that makes the Sync's "Turn by Turn Directions" feature redundant.

I think it's all related to licensing and availability of data. Travel Link - which is also separate from Sync services, is also not available in Canada.

I think it's all related to licensing and availability of data. Travel Link - which is also separate from Sync services, is also not available in Canada.

Thanks again Waldo. By coincidence, I called Ford Canada's customer service yesterday (Monday) and they told me the same thing as what you posted today, Re. Travel Link, though when I asked for specifics, I was advised she did not know as no one there had been trained A similar response occurred when I asked about Sync services like "Turn by Turn Directions". Of course, when I gave up, she asked if there was anything 'else' I wanted to ask that she can answer.

I wonder if the "Travel Link" would work when I drive in the US.