TPMS.

jimmerz

Just picked up ours today (SEL Plus)... the window sticker says we have TPMS and we have the warning light for it. The Message Center System Check is suppoed to have TPMS as the third system it checks, but ours skips over it and does all the other system checks shown in the owner's manual. Can anyone confirm that this is how it should be and the manual is wrong or is something up with our Edge? I'm considering letting out a bunch of air in a tire just to see if the warning light comes on.

Bryce

During start up that light should come on for about three seconds and than go out. If this happens the system is functioning correctly.

It does that... I guess that between building the car (or the software for it) and printing the manual, someone decided to make a change.

Bryce

Edited by Bryce

If anyone is not sure if their TPMS is operating correctly you should contact your dealership's service department and ask them to check your VIN. Ford issued a FSA on 6/1/07 for Edges and MKXs manufactured between 9/15/06 and 5/7/07. The FSA states that certain vehicles were delivered with the TPMS inoperable. If you have an affected vehicle the dealership can turn the system on quickly and at no cost. If you have a vehicle that falls under this FSA the dealership will know by simply running an 'OASIS' on your car. They will probably be happy to do this for you over the phone - just have your VIN handy.

If anyone is not sure if their TPMS is operating correctly you should contact your dealership's service department and ask them to check your VIN. Ford issued a FSA on 6/1/07 for Edges and MKXs manufactured between 9/15/06 and 5/7/07. The FSA states that certain vehicles were delivered with the TPMS inoperable. If you have an affected vehicle the dealership can turn the system on quickly and at no cost. If you have a vehicle that falls under this FSA the dealership will know by simply running an 'OASIS' on your car. They will probably be happy to do this for you over the phone - just have your VIN handy.

I'll see if I can't give them a call tomorrow... I have the light for this on my dash and it lights up during the "pre-flight" check and listed on my window sticker, but it's missing from my Message Center system check.

Bryce