Aftermarket Thule or Yakima Roof Rack ?

Thanks. But my preferred desire is to use a roof rack because of the versatility. I have both a Thule Evolution box and a rooftop bike carrier - I typically put both on the roof, side-by-side. I'd rather leave the hatch unencumbered.

Looks like Yakima may have something that will work. If anyone out there has installed one, I'd love to hear about your experience.

thanks.

Bring on the sun !

Thanks. But my preferred desire is to use a roof rack because of the versatility. I have both a Thule Evolution box and a rooftop bike carrier - I typically put both on the roof, side-by-side. I'd rather leave the hatch unencumbered.

Looks like Yakima may have something that will work. If anyone out there has installed one, I'd love to hear about your experience.

thanks.

Bring on the sun !

i cant for the life of me why people would buy a car with a sun roof and then try to put a roof rack on

Just so y'all are clear about what I'm trying to do, I do not want to place an aftermarket rack permanently on the roof and cover the vista roof forever. Duh! My intent is for temporary use to carry a cargo box (like a Thule Evolution/Atlantis or Yakima Skybox) and/or bike rack. I often go to to Lake Tahoe and Yosemite, summer and winter, and it is much easier to throw the stuff on the roof and leave the interior free for people and comfort. Between these outings, the roof stuff comes off and the vehicle remains "cool" for urban life. Ya'know, the clubs, the restaurants, the shows, and the jaunts to bed, bath, and beyond and home depot. So, I'm looking for anyone who has tried this and would like to share their experience for the benefit of everyone here on the forum.

Thanks to everyone.

Just so y'all are clear about what I'm trying to do, I do not want to place an aftermarket rack permanently on the roof and cover the vista roof forever. Duh! My intent is for temporary use to carry a cargo box (like a Thule Evolution/Atlantis or Yakima Skybox) and/or bike rack. I often go to to Lake Tahoe and Yosemite, summer and winter, and it is much easier to throw the stuff on the roof and leave the interior free for people and comfort. Between these outings, the roof stuff comes off and the vehicle remains "cool" for urban life. Ya'know, the clubs, the restaurants, the shows, and the jaunts to bed, bath, and beyond and home depot. So, I'm looking for anyone who has tried this and would like to share their experience for the benefit of everyone here on the forum.

Thanks to everyone.

y did you buy a edge in the first place if you want to all this. y did you not buy a expedition that way you have a sun roof and roof rack.

y did you buy a edge in the first place if you want to all this. y did you not buy a expedition that way you have a sun roof and roof rack.

He bought it because the Edge is what he wanted! pointless and helpless comment!

I Don't have the BAMR so I cant help you out sorry. But when I was calling around for a rack for my Edge Thule said if I gave up my edge for a few days they would use it for product development and design a rack that fits the Edge and I would keep the rack(s) for free. If you call Thule and ask about that they might be able to help you out.

Edited by Ksaness07Edge