Driver door chrome trim - Fit and Finish issue

Neil McLaughlin

On my Edge Limited and on a couple that I noticed on the dealer lots, there is problem with the rear of the driver door chrome trim not matching evenly to the rear door trim. This is the piece that runs along below the window. Has anyone else noticed this issue?

Another poster mentioned a wind noise on the driver side but I have not had that issue so I am not sure if it is related.

Frankly, this is the only fit and finish issue that I have observed thus far in the vehicle. Any others observed by anyone?

In any case, I took the Edge to the dealer and they ordered and installed a new driver door chrome trim piece. It fits better but is still not aligned with the rear door trim perfectly.

On my Edge Limited and on a couple that I noticed on the dealer lots, there is problem with the rear of the driver door chrome trim not matching evenly to the rear door trim. This is the piece that runs along below the window. Has anyone else noticed this issue?

Another poster mentioned a wind noise on the driver side but I have not had that issue so I am not sure if it is related.

Frankly, this is the only fit and finish issue that I have observed thus far in the vehicle. Any others observed by anyone?

In any case, I took the Edge to the dealer and they ordered and installed a new driver door chrome trim piece. It fits better but is still not aligned with the rear door trim perfectly.

That's been an issue for several years - not sure why they haven't corrected it at the factory. I believe the door itself just needs to be adjusted to fix it.

But that's the only one I remember.

Well it's not just the Edge either. With my MKX, I can see the chrome trim misaligned in my rear view mirrors on both driver and passenger sides. I didn't realize it was something of a Ford trademark.

My new 2011 Edge is the same way. Will address witht he dealer at my next visit.

Both the passenger side doors on my '11 Edge were missing some screws holding down the chrome trim strips below the windows. The strips were loose, and visually misaligned.

I was going to just find matching screws and do it myself, but decided to stop in at my dealer. They ordered in a couple of sets of correct screws an installed them the following day.