AC upgrade

Edgawi

Hello everyone I just bought a used ford edge 2008. The AC control is manual nop type. can this be changed to electronic dual control? like the one shown.

Hi Edgawi. :D While the old adage "If you throw enough money and time at it, almost anything is possible" applies, the realistic answer is no. Too many electronics, sensors, programming changes etc. would need to be added/made.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Hi Edgawi. :D While the old adage "If you throw enough money and time at it, almost anything is possible" applies, the realistic answer is no. Too many electronics, sensors, programming changes etc. would need to be added/made.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Thanks bbf2530 I dont think I will do it after this. I like cars with dual climate control to avoid fighting with my wife over the settings :) but this car was a real good deal it's only less than 15000 Km ODO (9320 miles) i could not find such low milage with 2008 models. if i will buy the 2008 model with climate control i would have payed $7000 more and still it will be over 50000 Km.

• 2 months later...

Thanks bbf2530 I dont think I will do it after this. I like cars with dual climate control to avoid fighting with my wife over the settings :) but this car was a real good deal it's only less than 15000 Km ODO (9320 miles) i could not find such low milage with 2008 models. if i will buy the 2008 model with climate control i would have payed $7000 more and still it will be over 50000 Km.

You should be able to do it for $5000... leaving you $2000 ahead.

But that would require the luck of finding a donor car and knowing someone good enough to frankenstein it