Homelink Solution

I just found out that the Lincoln MKX comes with homelink in the visor. I am going to see if the color of the visor matches and if so order a new visor for our Edge i am sure it would be cheaper than a Homelink Mirror.

I will update as i find out With color match and price.

I saw this on another forum, can't remember where now but seems pretty slick and INEXPENSIVE....

p1.gifp2.gif

p3.gifp4.gif

Flash2Pass

Anyone try this yet? I may hint for it this Father's day.

Yeah we sell those they are slick. Only problem i see with the Edge is that the angle of the turn signal stalk is akward. I am still getting used to it

• 2 months later...
Yeah we sell those they are slick. Only problem i see with the Edge is that the angle of the turn signal stalk is akward. I am still getting used to it

I did something similar to my 03 Jetta about a year ago.

1) Take your existing garage door remote.

2) Solder the switch contacts closed. (It's like making the remote on all the time)

3) Instead of a battery, tap into the voltage wire for the high beams and add a regulator to step it down to 9 volts.

4) use this 9 volts for the battery replacement in the remote.

Here is what happens. You flash your high beams, 12 - 14 volts goes through the regulator (Which you can built for about 5 bucks from radio shack) and energizes the remote with 9 volts. Switch is jumpered from step 2, causing the remote to transmit signal and the door opens, or closes.

I mounted mine under the hood and it has worked great.

Tom

Works great for a single opener. Not so much for a double opener.

Wouldn't that also continuously generate the opener signal when you're driving with brights on? Using the flash to pass circuit wouldn't have that problem.

Yep. As you are driving on that dark road with the brights on, the remote is singing away so to speak. I guess if you feel like that is bad for the remote then I guess you shouldn't do it.

Tom