'11 Limited Remote Start and Heated Seats?

Before buying the Edge we test drove both the '11 F-150s and Explorers, both vehicles supposedly set the heated (and cooled in the F-150) seats when the vehicles were started remotely. I never even asked the dealer about whether the Edge would do that, assuming there wouldn't be that kind of difference cross platform. I can't find any reference as to whether the Limiteds can be set to start warming the seats with the remote start. I've played around in the settings menu, but there doesn't seem to be anything specific to enabling heated seats with remote through the climate control menus. Thanks in advance for any help/ideas.

Before buying the Edge we test drove both the '11 F-150s and Explorers, both vehicles supposedly set the heated (and cooled in the F-150) seats when the vehicles were started remotely. I never even asked the dealer about whether the Edge would do that, assuming there wouldn't be that kind of difference cross platform. I can't find any reference as to whether the Limiteds can be set to start warming the seats with the remote start. I've played around in the settings menu, but there doesn't seem to be anything specific to enabling heated seats with remote through the climate control menus. Thanks in advance for any help/ideas.

Edge Limited has heated seats, which by default are on when you remote start the car if the temp outside is cold enough. I don't know what the temp itself is, but if I remote start the car when it's not parked inside my garage the seats are already warm when I get in. I think the settings are on the left side screen, under vehicle settings, under remote start, I have mine set to automatic. You can set it to previous setting if I recall. The Edge doesn't have cooled seats you'd have to move up to a Lincoln for that.

M.

Edge Limited has heated seats, which by default are on when you remote start the car if the temp outside is cold enough. I don't know what the temp itself is, but if I remote start the car when it's not parked inside my garage the seats are already warm when I get in. I think the settings are on the left side screen, under vehicle settings, under remote start, I have mine set to automatic. You can set it to previous setting if I recall. The Edge doesn't have cooled seats you'd have to move up to a Lincoln for that.

M.

Yeah, I had played around with those settings before and have everything set up the way you do, but my seats are never heating when I get in. I started it a couple of nights ago when it was 19 degrees outside got in 5 minutes later and the seats weren't on. I had even left them on when I turned the car off just to see if it was connected to the "last setting" function. I sure hope it doesn't have to be colder than 19 for the car to want to heat my butt up! :yup:

Yeah, I had played around with those settings before and have everything set up the way you do, but my seats are never heating when I get in. I started it a couple of nights ago when it was 19 degrees outside got in 5 minutes later and the seats weren't on. I had even left them on when I turned the car off just to see if it was connected to the "last setting" function. I sure hope it doesn't have to be colder than 19 for the car to want to heat my butt up! :yup:

The seats don't get as hot with the remote start as when your car is on and you turn them on, but they are definitely not cold after running. Or at least they shouldn't be. Compare them to the back seat to see if they are warmer.

Hmm.. Mine seem to be warm, at -5-10 degrees C. which is around 23-14 degrees F. Maybe it just needs to be slightly colder? dunno.. I know for sure they aren't on when I open the garage door and remote start it because it isn't cold enough in the Garage. -19C degrees outside today, but around -1C in the garage.

M.

The seats don't get as hot with the remote start as when your car is on and you turn them on, but they are definitely not cold after running. Or at least they shouldn't be. Compare them to the back seat to see if they are warmer.

You're right. You should notice the absence of cold.

I notice the heated seat more in the passenger seat where my friend's blanket sits. The blanket holds the heat in so it's more noticeable.

Try running the car for 10-15 minutes

Edited by wilsons66604

You're right. You should notice the absence of cold.

I notice the heated seat more in the passenger seat where my friend's blanket sits. The blanket holds the heat in so it's more noticeable.

Try running the car for 10-15 minutes

Ran it for 10 minutes again this morning. The driver's seat feels the same temp as the back seats. I'm wondering if it needs to be looked at by the dealer. For those of you who notice the difference, are the seat warmer icons lit up on the MFT screen when when you actually start (depress brake and push button) the vehicle?

Ran it for 10 minutes again this morning. The driver's seat feels the same temp as the back seats. I'm wondering if it needs to be looked at by the dealer. For those of you who notice the difference, are the seat warmer icons lit up on the MFT screen when when you actually start (depress brake and push button) the vehicle?

Icons are not on when I get in and start the car.

Have you checked the settings on the left menu for remote start? Are seats enabled?

No icon on when I start - I have mine set to automatic not to last setting.