"The Upgrade"

I haven't really been on the boards lately so I will apologize in advance if this has been discussed somewhere already. I got a call from my dealership informing me that an upgrade was now available and I could make an appointment to come in and have it done - 2 to 2 1/2 hrs to get it done. The thing is I've never had any issues so I'm thinking maybe I should skip it. What do you guys think? Is there an advantage to getting it that I'm maybe not thinking of?

I haven't really been on the boards lately so I will apologize in advance if this has been discussed somewhere already. I got a call from my dealership informing me that an upgrade was now available and I could make an appointment to come in and have it done - 2 to 2 1/2 hrs to get it done. The thing is I've never had any issues so I'm thinking maybe I should skip it. What do you guys think? Is there an advantage to getting it that I'm maybe not thinking of?

Trisha,

Ask them if they have done the update with other Edge's and how long it took. Mine was in for a day and a half, but I got a free rental out of it. If they haven't done any, I would wait.

Trisha,

Ask them if they have done the update with other Edge's and how long it took. Mine was in for a day and a half, but I got a free rental out of it. If they haven't done any, I would wait.

My dealer hasn't successfully completed any of these updates. I am thinking eventually we all have to get it as I think future updates will build off of it, but I am waiting a few more weeks. Talk to your service manager and see if you feel he is being honest with you and find out their experiences with the system.

My dealer hasn't successfully completed any of these updates. I am thinking eventually we all have to get it as I think future updates will build off of it, but I am waiting a few more weeks. Talk to your service manager and see if you feel he is being honest with you and find out their experiences with the system.

So I talked to the Service Manager and he tells me it's a 3 hour job and they have done 6 other vehicles. Successfully is what he's saying but really define successful....without talking to the vehicle owners how would you know. He says I can come anytime and get it done; no pressure.

So I talked to the Service Manager and he tells me it's a 3 hour job and they have done 6 other vehicles. Successfully is what he's saying but really define successful....without talking to the vehicle owners how would you know. He says I can come anytime and get it done; no pressure.

I had the update done and it knocked out the bluetooth. Now I can't get my blackberry to connect to Sync. I'm upgrading my phone next week so if that one doesn't work either I'm bringing it back.