NAV Touchscreen Not Working. Can it be calibrated?

Just picked up a 2011 SEL tonight. The touchscreen isn't working properly. First, touches don't register in the proper location. I actually have to press BELOW the intended selection to get it to register. On top of that the screen has to be pressed quite hard for it to work. Are there any known fixes for this issue? Thanks!

Just picked up a 2011 SEL tonight. The touchscreen isn't working properly. First, touches don't register in the proper location. I actually have to press BELOW the intended selection to get it to register. On top of that the screen has to be pressed quite hard for it to work. Are there any known fixes for this issue? Thanks!

Read some of the other threads then take it back to the dealer and not accept it until it is updated and fixed.

Yes, it can be done but I don't know if is available to the user. When I had my update done, I was getting ready to leave when the Tech came out and said he had forgot to calibrate the screen. I don't know what he did but it only took about 5 minutes. It kinda of reminded me of when I calibrated the screen on my old PDA. I saw him touching the screen is several spots and exit the screen.

Yes, it can be done but I don't know if is available to the user. When I had my update done, I was getting ready to leave when the Tech came out and said he had forgot to calibrate the screen. I don't know what he did but it only took about 5 minutes. It kinda of reminded me of when I calibrated the screen on my old PDA. I saw him touching the screen is several spots and exit the screen.

Good to know. Thanks for the help!

Good to know. Thanks for the help!

use at your own risk.. but

Audio Systems With Touchscreen

1. Turn the ACM on. (turn on the radio)

1. Operate the audio system in radio tuner (AM/FM) mode.

1. Press and hold the seek up button and the eject button at the same time until the speaker walk-around test begins.

* The display indicates each speaker as it is tested. ,<---- I think I was holding the eject on the CD and the seek right on the seek knob on the center console.

NOTE: If the speaker walk-around test is the only test required, this procedure can be stopped after Step 3 by turning the ACM off, or by selecting Exit using the touch screen menu.

Once the speaker walk-around test is complete, the following information is available through the "BEZEL DIAGNOSTICS" menu using the touchscreen menus:

There is a touch screen calibration option I didn't try it on mine, as I didn't have a need.