what aftermarket nav

We just bought a used 2008 Edge for my wife. What I want to know is if I buy a factory Nav unit off Ebay does it come with blue tooth? I heard that you have to pay for that option to work with the factory nav unit??? If so why would you have to pay for a internal function of the nav unit? Is there a better nav/radio unit around $500 that is plug and play that is any good and will have blue tooth? Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

The bluetooth is part of the sync system.

IMO just go aftermarket.. A double din radio will fit nicely into the space (witha dash kit, the double dins are about 3/4" shorter than factory). You will get better sound, more functions and adjustabliity.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_29004_Pioneer-AVH-P3200BT-AVIC-U220-Navigation-Package.html

that just a basic one for around the price that you said.

The bluetooth is part of the sync system.

IMO just go aftermarket.. A double din radio will fit nicely into the space (witha dash kit, the double dins are about 3/4" shorter than factory). You will get better sound, more functions and adjustabliity.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_29004_Pioneer-AVH-P3200BT-AVIC-U220-Navigation-Package.html

that just a basic one for around the price that you said.

Great and thank you for your reply. It's for my wife and basic is all we are after. I'm glad we didn't buy a factory nav. The only part we really want is the blue tooth but also the nav does fill in a very bland space. That's why we don't just buy a radio only with blue tooth.

Thanks again for your help it is much appreciated.