SYNC Updates - do I need to take her in?

A while ago I had the Gen2 SYNC update that everyone was abuzz about show up in my SyncMyRide update profile. It said to schedule taking to a dealer. I deferred because the other problems it caused sounded worse than what I was having--the occasional reboot with 'Updating' that we are all familiar with. Now when I log in to SyncMyRide I don't see that message available and I have installed all of the updates according to this profile:

Sync Version Gen2 - V1.8

Confirmed installations

BT4T-14D545-BA

BT4T-14D546-AD

BT4T-14F496-AD

BT4T-14F497-AD

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F500-AD

BT4T-14F603-AD

Do I still need to go in to a dealer to get the Gen2 2.x update? Will it make things more better? I definitely don't want to get charged for that crap and I know the closest dealership will. Basically I would love to see a changelog of sorts, but of course I think that's not going to happen. I haven't had a crash in a while, but I know it's just a matter of time...

Not that this helps but I don't get the ford sync website at all. I can't tell if there are updates or not. I mean the system seems pretty outdated. Roads that have been around for 20 years arent even on my map in sync, the terrain lacks any form of color, and my sync system is unbelievably slow. Why would Ford launch this when it takes 2 mins from startup to turn on your heated seats, change a song and turn on the rear view camera?

Why would Ford launch this when it takes 2 mins from startup to turn on your heated seats, change a song and turn on the rear view camera?

Really? My rear view camera comes on instantaneously when the shifter is placed in reverse, and changing songs, etc. are pretty snappy. You should probably take your Edge in if you are having such delays.

Really? My rear view camera comes on instantaneously when the shifter is placed in reverse, and changing songs, etc. are pretty snappy. You should probably take your Edge in if you are having such delays.

There is a very important update that only can be installed by the dealer, it change things a lot. And it is actually considered a recall. 10B something is the code,.... I have to check on my papers, I got it 2 weeks ago, and changed things to better. Still have weird and unfinished things. But it is much better.

• 2 weeks later...