2011 Edge Calendar Issue

Hello and I'm new to this forum. We have owned an 2011 EDGE since early November. One of my problems is that the calendar thinks is 2030 and I have no clue how to reset it to the correct date, therefore the reason for this note. Anyone out there know how to reset it? The owners manual states I cannot not change it. I think this happened when the wiper motor was replaced and battery was disconnected to replace motor.

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have had my 2011 edge for about 3 weeks. Great car and worth the 3 1/2 month wait. First problem was yesterday on a road trip. Driving at 100kph when the Cross Traffic/Blind Spot error light came on in the car and the little yellow light on the mirror stayed on. The clock jumped ahead 4 hours and the calendar was years out. Did all the usual checks with the clock (gps sync etc) all was setup properly. Was about to go to the dealership this morning but for kicks I downloaded the sync status checker last evening and reported the successful install. This morning I started the car and the Cross Traffic/Blind Spot alert was gone and everything worked perfectly. The calendar date was correct but now the clock was about 2 hours fast. Anyway for just the clock I decided not to go to the dealership & to let that one go for awhile because I understand they are working on a fix for that problem.

I have had my 2011 edge for about 3 weeks. Great car and worth the 3 1/2 month wait. First problem was yesterday on a road trip. Driving at 100kph when the Cross Traffic/Blind Spot error light came on in the car and the little yellow light on the mirror stayed on. The clock jumped ahead 4 hours and the calendar was years out. Did all the usual checks with the clock (gps sync etc) all was setup properly. Was about to go to the dealership this morning but for kicks I downloaded the sync status checker last evening and reported the successful install. This morning I started the car and the Cross Traffic/Blind Spot alert was gone and everything worked perfectly. The calendar date was correct but now the clock was about 2 hours fast. Anyway for just the clock I decided not to go to the dealership & to let that one go for awhile because I understand they are working on a fix for that problem.

I think the process of doing the status checker resulted in a reboot. This may be why stuff cleared up.

The one time I had the clock issue, It was when I was using the Nav system. Clock corrected when I went in and told it to use GPS time.

Were you using Nav?

I think the process of doing the status checker resulted in a reboot. This may be why stuff cleared up.

The one time I had the clock issue, It was when I was using the Nav system. Clock corrected when I went in and told it to use GPS time.

Were you using Nav?

Thanks Wilson. I was using the Nav at the time. This morning I went into the clock menu to make sure it was using the GPS time and it was.

GRP2011, I contacted sync, and please see their reply below.

The Technical Service Bulletin 10-24-9 has been sent to the dealers for the My Touch System. Please contact them and schedule an appointment to bring in your vehicle for them to perform the update to your Ford My Touch system. Any dealer should be able to perform this update and the update is for the known issues that have been reported with the system. We apologize for any inconvenience. This is a well known issue with the My Ford/Lincoln Touch systems, and many vehicles were having problems with it. However, an update has been released that will resolve the issue that you are having.

Hope this helps.

The Technical Service Bulletin 10-24-9 has been sent to the dealers for the My Touch System. Please contact them and schedule an appointment to bring in your vehicle for them to perform the update to your Ford My Touch system. Any dealer should be able to perform this update and the update is for the known issues that have been reported with the system. We apologize for any inconvenience. This is a well known issue with the My Ford/Lincoln Touch systems, and many vehicles were having problems with it. However, an update has been released that will resolve the issue that you are having.

Hope this helps.

I was also speaking with sync on Thursday and was told the same regarding TSB 10-24-9. My only trouble is with the clock.

Hope this helps.

Well GEE WHIZ k1200rsport, thank you very much. I didn't expect someone putting that much effort in solving my problem. I will return to dealer next week for my update. Thanks again and have a great weekend. I will let the forum know the results after update.

Well GEE WHIZ k1200rsport, thank you very much. I didn't expect someone putting that much effort in solving my problem. I will return to dealer next week for my update. Thanks again and have a great weekend. I will let the forum know the results after update.

Thanks, but I have same problem too.

Looking forward to the results after your visit to the dealership.

Looking forward to the results after your visit to the dealership.

Dealer just called and said that the update was done but it didn't fix it. They contacted sync and they are aware of this issue and are working on update, the update will be released once they figure out how to resolve it.

Edited by k1200rsport

Dealer just called and said that the update was done but it didn't fix it. They contacted sync and they are aware of this issue and are working on update, the update will be released once they figure out how to resolve it.

Thanks for the report. I guess I will hold off then. Thanks for being the scape goat lol...keep us advised if anything new.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

Finally had dealer do the upgrade for sync and the calendar still not correct. According to my sync calendar its July 27, 2018. No change that I have noticed with the recall. I know, its just a calendar as someone wrote in the forum. Returning to different dealer this week. Thanks for listening.

Hello everyone!

Finally had dealer do the upgrade for sync and the calendar still not correct. According to my sync calendar its July 27, 2018. No change that I have noticed with the recall. I know, its just a calendar as someone wrote in the forum. Returning to different dealer this week. Thanks for listening.

At least it it getting closer :lol: , mine thinks it is November 2030. This is a fairly wide spread problem and appears to be growing in numbers.

Hello and thanks to all that provided comments to my small issue.

:yahoo:

Calendar is now correct after a visit to dealer. There was some type of service bullentin which they corrected very quickly. Plus all residual glue was finally removed from the wheels.

Thanks

GRP2011

Hello and thanks to all that provided comments to my small issue.

:yahoo:

Calendar is now correct after a visit to dealer. There was some type of service bullentin which they corrected very quickly. Plus all residual glue was finally removed from the wheels.

Thanks

GRP2011

Does anybody have any information on this Service Bulletin? The calendar is the major problem I have with mine.

I just stopped by the dealer and he said that the bulletin they got about Version 2.7 addresses the calender issue, I am taking mine there Monday to get the update done.

I was told the exact same regarding the clock. So I think I will bite the bullet and get the 2.7 even though the only issue I have is the clock and hopefully new problems won't be occur because of the update.