Problem with climate control

Goga5

Just got new Edge'11 limited last week and already heaving number of problems. The biggest one so far is that climate control system completely shut down today. At the gauge panel I got message "Temporarily can not connect to climate system". The front touch board did not work, climate menu in the touch screen was disabled. I tried turn off and turn on car many times, but nothing helped. After about 40 minutes driving without any climate control but open windows, the climate system started working again.

In addition to that, a lamp indicating the malfunctioning passenger air bag lid on, and it turned off when climate control started working.

Anybody had anything similar happening? Is there a way to restart the system? I read somewhere that pulling off certain fuse may help. Thanks a lot for any suggestions!

Edited by Goga5

Just got new Edge'11 limited last week and already heaving number of problems. The biggest one so far is that climate control system completely shut down today. At the gauge panel I got message "Temporarily can not connect to climate system". The front touch board did not work, climate menu in the touch screen was disabled. I tried turn off and turn on car many times, but nothing helped. After about 40 minutes driving without any climate control but open windows, the climate system started working again.

In addition to that, a lamp indicating the malfunctioning passenger air bag lid on, and it turned off when climate control started working.

Anybody had anything similar happening? Is there a way to restart the system? I read somewhere that pulling off certain fuse may help. Thanks a lot for any suggestions!

You can restart system by pulling Fuse 29. Located in the driver side kick panel.

Also make sure you have the latest Sync update (2.4)

Thanks for information, guys. I found where the fuse is located (panel on the lower left drivers side), though decided not to restart the system this time.

I brought the car to the dealership service, and they found that it was an issue with the climate control software produced by Microsoft, but not with Sync (I have all latest updates for Sync). I was told that Ford is familiar with the problem and that they already released an update that supposed to fix this issue. So, guys in the service just installed that update and returned me a car. Thankfully, all of this took half a day and I was given a rental car. So far so good, everything works. Hopefully, this will not happen again...

You can restart system by pulling Fuse 29. Located in the driver side kick panel.

Also make sure you have the latest Sync update (2.4)

Thanks for information, guys. I found where the fuse is located (panel on the lower left drivers side), though decided not to restart the system this time.

I brought the car to the dealership service, and they found that it was an issue with the climate control software produced by Microsoft, but not with Sync (I have all latest updates for Sync). I was told that Ford is familiar with the problem and that they already released an update that supposed to fix this issue. So, guys in the service just installed that update and returned me a car. Thankfully, all of this took half a day and I was given a rental car. So far so good, everything works. Hopefully, this will not happen again...

What version of software does syncmyride say you have?

• 2 years later...

I bought a used 2012 Edge in January 2013 and was having these same type of problems. I was convinced there was a part failure. The dealership was sure it was just a software issue. As the weather got warmer, it was losing communication with the climate control system on a more regular basis. It was almost becoming predictable. The final straw occurred on a hot day (90 degrees plus) where we had to keep the windows open on the expressway to allow the hot air defrost to vent itself somewhere. After one try at reprogramming the software, the problem occurred again. I took it back and they were finally able, with the help of the "hotline" to discern that the front control instrument module (FCIM on the ticket I got back from service) was failing and needed to be replaced. I just got it back last night and am very hopeful that this is going to be the fix that solves it all. Other than this nuisance, which made the car undriveable, I absolutely love this vehicle, that's why it was so frustrating. I hope others can use this to help push the service departments in the right direction. I'm hoping this last trip was the worth the wait. Good luck everyone.