Missing Inner Fender Fastener

Bryce

Looks like Ford must have decided to save a few pennies on a plastic fastener on the driver's front inner fender. Look at the pictures... one had a fasterner (passenger side) and the other doesn't (driver side) where I'm pointing.

We checked out a few outers on the lot and none had one in this location. There's a hole in the plastic, but no hole in the metal behind it. I felt around behind the plastic and had the dealer check on it with out other issues today.

Bryce

post-850-1182213271_thumb.jpg

post-850-1182213282_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bryce

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like Ford must have decided to save a few pennies on a plastic fastener on the driver's front inner fender. Look at the pictures... one had a fasterner (passenger side) and the other doesn't (driver side) where I'm pointing.

We checked out a few outers on the lot and none had one in this location. There's a hole in the plastic, but no hole in the metal behind it. I felt around behind the plastic and had the dealer check on it with out other issues today.

Bryce

Maybe they changed a mounting location of something in the engine compartment.

Can you tell what's mounted over the spot where the hole would be?

Is anything even over the spot?

Edited by armstsho

• 4 years later...

Bryce

I found the same thing to be true on my 2011. I decided I'd drill a hole myself and add the fender fastener myself. That was a bad idea. Seems the metal behind there is pretty thick. I never got through to the other side until I decided that I would tap the hole and just use a fender washer with a screw. Broke my tap. Now there is now way to put anything in there. I guess I'm SOL and I'll just paint it white and then it will be like I didn't do anything to it. LOL

I've not had any work done under the fender well areas and there has been no reason for anyone to remove those panels. I have a crawler and have done a good bit of rolling around under my 2011 Sport and there are multiple areas where there are obvious spots for fasteners and there are none there. These are spots where there is an actual hole in the metal and there are no fasteners. It just seems sort of random. I don't get it.