Brake problem with ABS ( problem solved )

Hello, i have 2007 Ford Edge, and when I arrive on a street corner and brake, the ABS has embarked almost all the time but i dont have chek engine Code or any light that lights

you have an idea of the probem

thanks

Daniel

Edited by Daniboy

Salut, jai un ford Edge 2007, et quand j'arrive sur un coin de rue et je freine , le system Abs embarque presque a tout les fois, mais jai aucun Code ou lumiere qui allume

avé vos un idée

merci

Daniel

Repeter, s'il vous plait - en Anglais! Nous ne parlons pas Francais!

Sounds like an ABS wheel speed sensor. Take the wheels off and clean it. It is the small sensor around the ring gear around the axle. This is a huge money maker for dealers as they only clean the sensor and charge you for numerous abs parts which are very "expensive" and "labor intensive". I have had several people test this out using my scanner and abs reader. The abs reader says wheel speed sensor and after cleaning it, light goes out after a few drive cycles. I then "dirty up" the sensor until light comes back on and then off to the dealer they go. One dealer wanted to go as far as saying my buddy needed a new abs module which was mucho moola ! MOst of them say the wheel speed sensor needs replace and not just one but both ! When confronted about the "honesty test," they clam up and say that they are only going by what their scanner tells them. Some dealers also said that once the sensor gets dirty and sets off the cel, that they cannot be cleaned and must be replaced !!! It is very sad that people who have no knowledge of cars trust these dealers to do right by them, but it is just not the case. We even had one dealer deliberately damage both speed sensors since the car was still on lift when told of the "honesty test" and they removed them and showed the damaged wheel sensors to my buddy ! Restaurants have secret shoppers......why not car dealer service shops ? A little planning and know-how can save you a ton of money and save you from being ripped off. We did this test at 9 dealerships and not one came back and said "we cleaned the wheel speed sensor re-set your light and all should be good.......sad, sad, sad.